Gieser's Roadliner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Gieser0909
  • 1 Post By Gieser0909

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Gieser's Roadliner

Hi all,

I don't post very much but figured it would be nice to have a log of what I have done and any future mods. The bike is an 06 Midnight Roadliner. By far my favorite bike I've owned. The bike was completely stock when I bought it in July of 2018. First thing I did to it was put on the slip on Rush muffler. Originally ran a 2.25" baffle in it, but have since put in a 2.5". Haven't ridden on the 2.5" yet as I just put it in and its winter unfortunately. Bike sounds really good. Not too loud at idle, but very loud at WOT. I'm sure I have lost some torque with the large baffle, but I'm not racing and it sounds great! My plan is to eventually go with a full system, but this will do for now! The first picture is the day I brought it home, the 2nd being the new Rush muffler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180703_220022.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	83214   Click image for larger version

Name:	20180724_200904.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	83216  
KCW likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Next on the list was to lower it. I ordered the Baron Accessories lowering links from FortNine. I installed these a couple of days ago, and it turned out great. The instructions weren't the greatest, but I got it done. I picked up a motorcycle jack from C-tire and that sure helped make it easier. Had to do a little massaging but got it to fit. I think I might tighten up the suspension yet, while my wife is pretty small and wants her own bike anyways, with her and bags on it would probably bottom out. Also did an oil change while I was at it. Attached pictures are the bike after the links were installed. Sits nice and low now. Next up I want to paint the rear bracket black to help it blend in more, and I'm looking at getting a batwing and apes. Looking at Reckless motorcycles for a batwing, they seem to have a great fit.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190112_181706.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	83218   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190112_165451.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	83220   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190112_165910.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	83222  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 02:34 PM
KCW

Garage
looks fast just sitting there - even better with the luggage removed

if your wife will be riding her own bike take the passenger seat off, it will look even better

Ever ride a bike with ape bars? I pushed the handle bars on my Royal Star up in line with the forks. Three miles down the road both hands were completely numb. Put them back down like they are in my garage photo on the left side of the screen

<= click on the thumbnail in the garage page to see full size images
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 02:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah I will be removing the passenger seat, just don't know what to do with the brackets yet.

I have ridden with apes before, but I get what you are saying for the numbness. I find mini apes that keep it around shoulder height do alright.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2019, 02:50 PM
KCW

Garage
Im not sure exactly where to put them on the Royal Star

on my 650 they are in line with the forks. The front end is lower (its a smaller bike) and its very comfortable, and I feel like I have good control on the steering - same position as it would be on a dirt bike.

On the Royal Star I have seen them anywhere from straight up, to almost hitting the gas tank. I keep nudging them around.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Congrats, Geiser! It's an incredible bike, and I can't imagine you won't love it. Bought my '08 Roadliner in August of 2009 brand new. Haven't had a hiccup. Only real complaint is that I don't get more than 6-8k out of a rear tire, and that's running a Michelin Commander II, which lasts longer than most. I ran a car tire on the rear and an MC rear on the front for a while before deciding it wasn't for me.

What I added to mine:

Cobra crash bars
Kuryakyn foot pegs
Kuryakyn ISO grips
Memphis shades windshield
Memphis shades fork deflectors
Ultimate seat and backrest
Cobra sissy bar and luggage rack

All comfort and luggage stuff.

Hope you enjoy many years and many miles on yours!

Mine with a little ice on the back seat:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ocVzbDvYSAamIHgOUUgfUA.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	100.6 KB
ID:	83226  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-26-2019, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Garage
10" mini apes installed! The bars are LA Choppers Twin peaks bagger bars. I also installed Kuryakyn ISO Grips and Bikemaster Sickle mirrors while I was at it. It took a while feeding the wires through the bars, as I had to cut some connectors and re-solder them after I put them through the bars. Thankfully the stock wires,cables and lines are long enough to work! That being said, I may order some new braided lines in the winter as there isn't much wiggle room there.

I couldn't be happier with how it turned out though, looks awesome, and feels good. It has taken some getting used to in the slower corners for sure. Definitely happy I did it though. I'm not sure if I will be keeping the mirrors though, I like the look but they are reaaally small, making them not very useful.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20190722_191743.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	84874   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_191800.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	84876   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190722_191750.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	84878  
divewelder likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode