Memphis Shades Batwings - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By 07starstrat
  • 1 Post By TimBucTwo
  • 1 Post By graybeard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-03-2019, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Memphis Shades Batwings

Awesome upgrade on my 2007 Strat...seen here with a smoke Long Range Touring Shield.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 01:39 PM

When I put mine on, I figured I would take it off during warmer riding and reinstall it when the temperature dropped again.
I was wrong. I like it so much that I never take it off unless I want to ride with no protection. The MS batwing works great in the rain.
What I like the most is I look over it unlike the factory shield that you look through.
You have me thinking about the smoke shield. I like the looks.

When It's cold I also have the MS fork deflectors. I keep an allen wrench in the bag and can remove or install the deflectors in just a minute or two. Between the two, cold weather riding is great.
Cliffieg likes this.

Last edited by TimBucTwo; 02-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:37 AM

Looks great, Layne!

I considered the MS batwing but so far have stuck with my Memphis Fats 21" windshield. I also run their fork deflectors. I took them off briefly last summer and I felt like I was gonna get blown off the bike. Right back on, no matter the heat. I'd recommend trying those with your batwing setup...they make a huge difference!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:59 AM

Garage
Hey Layne, what height windshield is that? I like the look and also hate looking through my factory shield. What you've got looks like the perfect height - I'm guessing it's the 9". Can you confirm? Also, did you have the quick-disconnect factory windshield? What was the installation like? Simple, moderate, PITA?

2001 V-Star 650 Classic - purchased in 2017 w/ 10.5K miles
2014 Stratoliner S - purchased in 2018 w/ 0 miles (Original Owner!)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:03 AM
KCW

Garage
one thing to keep in mind about a tinted windshield
when you go up a steep hill, you are looking thru the tinted plastic

catches you by surprise when it happens
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 10:24 AM

Garage
beautiful bike.
KCW likes this.

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 05:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffieg View Post
Looks great, Layne!

I considered the MS batwing but so far have stuck with my Memphis Fats 21" windshield. I also run their fork deflectors. I took them off briefly last summer and I felt like I was gonna get blown off the bike. Right back on, no matter the heat. I'd recommend trying those with your batwing setup...they make a huge difference!
Thanks or the tip. Wish I would have given them a try. Unfortunately, I had to sell the bike recently because of some medical problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCanaday View Post
Hey Layne, what height windshield is that? I like the look and also hate looking through my factory shield. What you've got looks like the perfect height - I'm guessing it's the 9". Can you confirm? Also, did you have the quick-disconnect factory windshield? What was the installation like? Simple, moderate, PITA?
It was/is the 12" medium tint recurve actually. I am 6'2" and with the way it mounted to the Batwing I looked over it. The slight recurve at the top took the wind right over my head so no buffeting! Easy installation on the Batwing and it quick connect/disconnects in seconds with two latches but it is not something you would want to swap back and forth with the stock screen as the mounting hardware to the forks is different between the two..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCW View Post
one thing to keep in mind about a tinted windshield
when you go up a steep hill, you are looking thru the tinted plastic

catches you by surprise when it happens
Again, at 6'2" I did not experience this on my Strat with this size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
beautiful bike.
Thank you. She belongs to someone else now.

I did remove the whole set-up off the bike when I sold it as the new owner only had eyes for the stock screen (go figure!) It's all for sale over in the classifieds here for hundreds less than I paid. Take a look HERE if you care to. Ready to ship to someone else.

Ride Safe!

Last edited by 07starstrat; 02-12-2019 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode