thinking of going from a HD deluxe to the Roadliner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 3Likes
  • 2 Post By what_the?!
  • 1 Post By lesblank

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-10-2019, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

thinking of going from a HD deluxe to the Roadliner

Hi All,

well ive had my 2012 deluxe and im looking at an 06 roadliner but want to modify it to my liking with a 21" wheel, fender, new bars, engine crash bars and some true dual pipes..plus lower the bike..and i dont know where i can get the info i need to work out what kind of $ im looking at..
\
additionally as im looking at the roadliner and not the strat or deluxe, i am also keen to install the hghway light arrangement on it..but where can i get these items?

this might even be my first post..

this guy has the arrangement im after- sort of..

you may wonder why i want to change..well, the yamaha puts out 20-30 more horses stock, it's less than half the price, so insurance is cheaper, and its more reliable and rides better..and i probbaly come away with some left over cash..here in australia the HDs are around $20k whereas an 06 roadliner can be as low as $7k...thats enough room for the mods i want and then some.

ive done plenty of modding before so not worried about installation issues, just trying to get an idea of the $ needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	83362  
Keith Post and graybeard like this.

Last edited by what_the?!; 02-10-2019 at 10:35 PM. Reason: image link didnt work
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 05:29 AM

Duels will runs about 1000.00 new. The front tire and rim would be 500.00-800.00. No idea on the lowering kit or anything else. One thing you might want to think about. If you lower the bike and put the Freedom true duels on it the pipe that crosses over under the frame to the right side on the bike will scrub the ground when hitting many bumps and when leaning hard the underside of the tips will scrub as well. They do sound great though.

2008 Stratoliner
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 06:36 AM

For sure Harleys have way more choices in aftermarket items but you should be able to find what you need.
The cost of the bike is the trade off... Here I can find a good used 10 years old HD for about $7000-$10000 with low miles ...Metrics in that age probably about $5000 to $8000
Keep looking and asking, suggestions will come up.

BE WHO YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 07:16 PM

Garage
Welcome back. You posted back in 2013 a few time, so not your first post. I'm sure you will get some suggestions on customization of you bike.
Keith Post likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 10:58 AM

Garage
Welcome back as well, definitely shop around is my suggestion. Let us know what you ultimately decide on and include some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by what_the?! View Post
this guy has the arrangement im after- sort of..
That's a good looking bike -- BUT -- can you get it with right hand drive?

Time flies like an arrow.
Fruit flies like a banana.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 01:55 PM

Personally, the Roadliner in factory setup is a great handling bike for the size. Before doing anything, ride it stock and see if you want to make changes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode