Holy dollar signs Batman!! OEM windshields are HIGH!! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Holy dollar signs Batman!! OEM windshields are HIGH!!

The OEM windshield and brackets are expensive! What other windshield brand are you guys/gals using on your Roadliners that work just as good? The wife wants one on her '06 Roadliner but I don't know if I want to drop $600 for an OEM setup. Provided I have the correct part numbers. It keeps saying for Stratoliners on some sites and Road and Strats on others. I've looked at a few from Memphis Shades but I don't know what kind of brackets are needed.

STR-2C507-10-00-windshield?
STR-2C503-40-00-brackets?

Last edited by nutz4spd; 03-04-2019 at 12:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 12:08 PM
KCW

Garage
I priced mine out at bikebandit and revzilla, and was a bit confused about the quick release brackets to match my bike

so I got my Memphis Shades windshield and trigger/quick release brackets thru my local Yamaha dealer. The price was about the same, and I didnt have to worry about ordering the wrong parts or it not fitting the bike.

A Memphis Shades "fats" and quick release setup was $400 for my VS 650. I spent nearly $100 a few weeks later to get fork deflectors, I could not adjust out the head buffeting at 70mph without them. Guess I should add, I installed them myself, the price thru the dealer did not include installation.

Most important thing is to get the quick release brackets. I really dont like riding with a windshield on either of my bikes, unless its cold, or Im only going to be on the interstate. I always prefer to ride on secondary roads at 60mph on a naked bike.

also important- be very precise measuring the height of your nose above the headlight bucket to get the windshield size. Assuming you want to look over the top, round it up to the next inch taller.

I got a 17" WS for the 650, I think an 18" would have knocked the buffeting down quite a bit.

Last edited by KCW; 03-04-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode