Rear turn signal stalk LOOSE !? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-24-2019, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Rear turn signal stalk LOOSE !?

Is there a post on how to tighten the REAR SIGNAL STALK where attaches to the fender/rear lamp assembly on Strat-S and/or Roadliner? I have a '12 Strat-S and it's clearly an internal rod/bolt setup that one has to access internally under fender once remove rear brake lamp. Mine just started loosening on its own and SO frustrating the design is such that it's a dealer fix internally and dropping rear wheel, vs. just grabbing a 10mm wrench and tightening in 3 seconds an external bolt like on that Wisconsin brand of big cruisers. 🙂 Anybody else have to get dealer to do, and/or get this covered under orig. or extended YES warranty? Dealer quote over $100 and I don't need other Service, tyres or pads, so a big waste to drop wheel for THIS! 😞
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 06:28 PM

Hey brother. You have a couple options. The easier of the two is to take the rear fender off to remove that light. It's not a difficult job, just a little tedious in the beginning with the wiring. Remove your seats (Rider and pillion) and disconnect all the wiring that runs to the rear fender. There are Arms that attach to the frame just under the rider seat. You can remove those if you're worried about clearance/scratching your rear fender but it is not necessary. The four bolts that hold the fender on are behind the bags, attached to that arm.

Hope that helps, let me know if I can offer anything else.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 10:17 AM

I'm dealing with this nightmare right now...all 5 of the bolt heads attaching the housing stripped out so I had to grind them off. I got the stalk tightened with fresh loctite so I got that going for me. Now I gotta extract all these bolts...PB Blaster, don't let me down!

If you can deal with the wiggle, then leave it alone. It's a pain in the ass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 08:02 PM

Garage
Grind the heads off the old bolts with a die grinder . for replacement bolts size is M5- .08
Put never seize on the new ones. Just did the job this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode