Select button on clutch - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-12-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Select button on clutch

Okay, New to the Stratoliner as in my previous post...what is the select button on my clutch lever housing do....I can find nothing in the owers manual that details it???

any help would be gratefully appreciated...
On another note I think I did okay on this buy, does $6500.00 for an 07 Midnight with 23K on it sound fair, add on the V&H pipe, Power Commander and a really nice Mustang seat, Highway bar with pegs, a nice cover, keyed disc lock, and a set of passing lamps...I think I did okay and I'm happy with it, just wondering...

2007 Stratoliner Midnight

Proud to have Served with America's Soldiers!
Always Remember 9/11/01
"The Cost of Freedom Just Went Up"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 08:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damquick1 View Post
Okay, New to the Stratoliner as in my previous post...what is the select button on my clutch lever housing do....
That fancy little switch moves your instrument display through the various functions: the two trip odometers and clock display. Used in conjunction with the reset switch mounted on the left front shoulder of the fuel tank, you can set your clock and zero out your trip odometers.

Old habits die hard, so I always reset at least one trip odometer whenever I fuel. That way I know how deep in the tank I am, even if the fancy reserve system and fuel gauge fail.

A note of caution: be careful not to hook that little plastic switch with your riding glove. Should you break it off you can still reach the little microswitch inside the housing, but if you want it to look all new again, that switch housing assembly will set you back $350.

Ask me how I know...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
That fancy little switch moves your instrument display through the various functions: the two trip odometers and clock display. Used in conjunction with the reset switch mounted on the left front shoulder of the fuel tank, you can set your clock and zero out your trip odometers.

Old habits die hard, so I always reset at least one trip odometer whenever I fuel. That way I know how deep in the tank I am, even if the fancy reserve system and fuel gauge fail.

A note of caution: be careful not to hook that little plastic switch with your riding glove. Should you break it off you can still reach the little microswitch inside the housing, but if you want it to look all new again, that switch housing assembly will set you back $350.

Ask me how I know...
OUCH! thanks for the info....

2007 Stratoliner Midnight

Proud to have Served with America's Soldiers!
Always Remember 9/11/01
"The Cost of Freedom Just Went Up"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 10:18 AM

Yeah, you did fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damquick1 View Post
Okay, New to the Stratoliner as in my previous post...what is the select button on my clutch lever housing do....I can find nothing in the owers manual that details it???

any help would be gratefully appreciated...
On another note I think I did okay on this buy, does $6500.00 for an 07 Midnight with 23K on it sound fair, add on the V&H pipe, Power Commander and a really nice Mustang seat, Highway bar with pegs, a nice cover, keyed disc lock, and a set of passing lamps...I think I did okay and I'm happy with it, just wondering...
the select button does many thing in conjunction with the reset switch and the sequence of turning the key on and off. it will adjust the light level of your inst display, set clock, trip meter and so on. it is all in the owners manual.

also i think you did well. over $2000.00 worth of goodies and about the same mileage as my bike.

V&H pipe, 500.00
Power Commander 385.00
Mustang seat, 720.00
Highway bar with pegs 200.00 +
nice cover, 50.00
keyed disc lock ??.??
passing lamps 260.00 (ebay)

i have bought a bunch of stuff off Ebay for it. great deals to be had there.
i got road house slip-on muffler 385.00 got for 285.00 (saved $100.00).
Mustang seat with back rest and 12" wide pillion seat $720.00 - got for 420.00 (saved $300.00)
Big bar engine guard $214.00 got for $119.00 (saved $95.00)
luggage rack 113.00 got for 90.00 (saved 23.00)
you can get a power commander for 285.00 new and save a hundred bucks.

you got plenty of good stuff when you bought the bike for 6500.00. if you bought just the bike for 6500,00 and had to buy all that stuff. well you see where i'm going with this. you got a good deal.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:

Ask me how I know...
I chose not to spend the $350, still works fine, just looks like crap

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-03-2017, 03:38 PM

Quote:

Ask me how I know...
So, this comment is the reason I joined the forums. I had the same question, did a google search and lo and behold this is the top search result. Thank you for your help!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2017, 09:54 AM

Quote:

(
My reset switch is on the right side handlebar switch housing. Did they change the location to the left front shoulder of the tank in later years? I have an '06. Just curious.

'06 Black Cherry Roadliner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode