bridgestone Exedra max radial tires? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

bridgestone Exedra max radial tires?

Does anyone have the bridgestone Exedra max radial tires? Thinking about buying them for my stratoliner deluxe but rather find out if they are any good. Doing a 3,000 mile ride in June and want to make sure their good mostly in rain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 AM

I love the Bridgestones, they are very predictable in dry and wet. My only complaint is the mileage. I get about 8000 miles out of the front and 4000 miles out of the rear. I tend to ride pretty aggressive so I'm sure that is part of the reason for the poor mileage, but I will trade mileage for a tire that I know will stick to the road when I need it to.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 01:29 PM

I agree, the Bridgestones are very good on dry or wet pavements. I have been running them on my Liner and Wings for years. They became my tire of choice. Also had good luck the Dunlop E3s way back when, but not sure if that's available for the Roadliner.

Don Pedro
===========================
MA facing NH
============================
"Just another day in paradise"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:24 AM Thread Starter

I wish they made the dunlop E3's for the stratoliner. They so far don't have te size for the rear. Got good mileage on them on my other bike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fivepoints View Post
I agree, the Bridgestones are very good on dry or wet pavements. I have been running them on my Liner and Wings for years. They became my tire of choice. Also had good luck the Dunlop E3s way back when, but not sure if that's available for the Roadliner.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 08:05 AM

I'm always confused if people are providing a review for the Exedra Max or the Exedra G850's that came OEM. There's a difference.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 11:36 AM

Metzler Marathon 880's

I perfer the Metzler Marathon 880's over every other brand.
If you keep them properly inflated you can get some good milage out of them. They also handle great in canyons IMO.
Swomack

It's All About The Ride
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swomack View Post
I perfer the Metzler Marathon 880's over every other brand.
If you keep them properly inflated you can get some good milage out of them. They also handle great in canyons IMO.
Swomack
Is that the V rated? Where are you getting them from?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 06:46 PM

HTML Code:
I wish they made the dunlop E3's for the stratoliner. They so far don't have te size for the rear. Got good mileage on them on my other bike.
Maybe not the E3 but I just installed the Dunlop D407 ( rear ) and D408 (front ) on my stratoliner. I don't know how long they will last but they certainly handle well. There are suppose to have harder tread in the middle for longer life.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 05-06-2011, 12:35 AM

I don't think 100 lb/ft of torque does much to help the mileage of the rear tire, especially when it's so fun to romp on it through the gears!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2011, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Let us know what you get for mileage out of those tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha-dog View Post
HTML Code:
Maybe not the E3 but I just installed the Dunlop D407 ( rear ) and D408 (front ) on my stratoliner. I don't know how long they will last but they certainly handle well. There are suppose to have harder tread in the middle for longer life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode