Stratoliner and a Roadliner I have Both. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Stratoliner and a Roadliner I have Both.

Ok heres the deal and my dilemma. I have a Stratoliner 06 about 8000 miles I just instaled HC 3' pipes and it has some other goodies.It is the copper color. I just bought a 06 Roadliner S it has 24000 Miles and some kind of aftermarket pipes.. they are rusted some. It has a Power Comander,engine guard, pass back rest and is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical shape,other than the pipes. The Roadliner is Perl White.. I Love the Chrome and the color.
I have to sell one. I can take the things I like on the Strat and put them on the Roadliner. my question is this. Is the mileage difference a big issue with this bike. What would some of you guys do? I would
apprecate any Input. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2011, 11:51 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
If your going to keep the bike and ride the crap out of it or turn around and sell it. Then I would worry about the milage. The miles are close enough.I have read of over 80k on the liners with no problems. Pick the color that you like,put all the goodies you want on it and go ride.Sell what's left over and add more goodies to the one you keep. That is if you can slide that by mama lol.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2011, 02:15 PM

How's that white paint holding up in the covered portions of the bike? Around the screws under the tank panel and just under the edges around the tail light. White is nice, but it also has a tendency to have rust bleed through the paint as it ages no matter how vigilant about keeping parts clean. Also 16K mile difference is a whole riding season for some, that's not something I would be so keen on throwing away. Last, I think is easier to sell a stripped down Roadliner versus a stripped Stratoliner b/c the expectation of potential buyer is less. When you start showing a Stratoliner missing certain OEM parts it tends to turn off certain buyers.

Even though I would lean toward keeping the Strat, I share your love for the white too, I also own an 06 Roadliner...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 12:43 PM

I think the most significant thing would be how well the bikes have been maintained. Do you have service records for both? Was one DIY while the other was serviced by a qualified Yamaha mechanic? All things being equal I'd probably go with the Strat and move any desired parts from the Roadliner to the Strat.

Last edited by Stratonut; 05-05-2011 at 03:15 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 PM

What were your thoughts before buying the Roadliner, where you planning on keeping them both? I would keep the bike with the lower mileage if it's in just as nice shape. 24K isn't high mileage but I'd rather have one with 8K.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-05-2011, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Both bikes have been well mantained both by dealerships. I,m still torn between the two. If I could take all the chrome on the S model and put it on the regular strat I think I would be a happy dude.
Its the front forks that everyone says is a bear to change. the local yamaha dealer acted like they didn't want to do it, and I am challegened by something that major with no experince. ill keep you posted. and as much as i would love to keep both I always knew i would have to sell one.

Last edited by FLAME PROOF; 05-05-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode