Kuryakyn Magnum Plus mirrors! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Kuryakyn Magnum Plus mirrors!

Got a pair of Kuryakyn mirrors. Went with the long stem Magnum Plus w/ convex lens. I put them on earlier, and I'll get an impression when I ride tomorrow. Sitting on the bike, I can tell the rearward visibility is much better, and they give a much larger field of vision. I'm going to take them back off and put some loctite on the threads when i get some more time. These mirrors feel much more substantial than the stockers. They definitely weigh more... Here are a few pics:
http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/255...m-Plus-Mirrors

Oh, the thing in the background is this 76 Yamaha Chappy 80cc. It's pretty neat, but it's for my girlfriend...

Last edited by 08Midnight; 05-17-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 05:39 PM

Nice Mirrors

Those mirrors like great on your bike brother.
If I may I would like to pass on something that might make the mirrors look even better.

Get rid of the adaptors.
The adaptors are a real pain in the as- to ajust properly and they raise the mirrors to much IMO.

What I did and you might consider is to take the bolts that came with those Kuryakyn mirrors and cut them down so that they are 1-1/8" long. Once they have been cut down you then un-bolt the clamps on both of the resevior and from the underside re-bolt the mirrors.

By doing this it will look much cleaner and you won't have to look at the adaptors anymore.

Swomack

It's All About The Ride
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

I noticed the mirrors give a blurry image from engine vibration. I can see cars behind me but can't tell if they are cops! I might try your suggestion, can you tighten them enough to not move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 AM

Talking I got to get a pair of those mirrors.

The first thing I noticed, on my Strat is the mirrors are kind of small and when I'm wearing a jacket, I block off around half the view from each side with my sleeves.
Oh and if you got a smokey on your tail, and he want's you to stop, you WILL see his code lights and maybe even him blipping his Siren a bit lol... So far I been waved at by a bunch of Leo's even on a few of those OH crap situations, like passing a bunch of cage drivers talking on the're cells. If it weren't for all the fun noise I'm making most of these doinks wouldn't even know they were being passed.
(You know the legal passing speed right ) lol !
Keep em safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode