Newbe with a couple questions... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Newbe with a couple questions...

Hello all,
Just bought a 2006 Roadliner here in OKC. Love the bike, but have a few questions/concerns.
For one, when I'm riding down the road and pull the clutch I can feel a rumbling that lasts for a second or two, goes away for about the same time span, and this will reoccur about 3 times before it finally goes away. I saw where the front pully on final drive can loosen up, so checked it, but all seemed well.
Then, after that rumbling goes away, and the clutch is disengaged when I lean left and right i can feel a simillar but different? grumbling through the floor boards at the apex of the leans. Rear Wheel Bearings??? The bike only has 8K mi. on her so seems odd for the wheel bearings to be bad. I am due for a new rear tire. This one is a little cupped from having been ridden with low air pressure. Just thought I'd get your guys opinion on weather to just get a new tire or to also change out the wheel bearings while the tire is off???
Last question for this post This bike came with a full aftermarket Cobra straight exaust without baffels. Am I missing out not having the factory EXUP system"? Will it hurt this motor by not having this exaust valve??

Thanks for your time and opinions,
WillyB.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:50 AM
Banned

Well, change out the rear tire because a cupped motorcycle tire can be felt and heard.

The other thing to check is the belt alignment going over the front and rear pulleys as well as tension, maybe too lose?? Might as well make sure these last two are correct after the tire change which you will take care of anyway I suppose.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:10 AM

like stratowart posted probably tire ready about this mileage to be tossed.
The EXUP valve not being there you loose little bit of TQ in the low end, but bike has so much power you probably don't even notice it and if it's tuned right and runs good is all that matters. Most Fuel Control systems put it rich and your fuel economy goes down, but usually that is from the right hand twisting throttle to often.
Ride Safe
let us know how it goes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:53 AM

I would strongly suggest you also join the Stratoliner Roadliner forum, there is a lot of techno stuff there.
Jim
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

I'll get that tire changed out, the belt tension is good! Don't know about the alignment??
Okay, so don't worry about the EXUP, but should I get baffles for that exaust for back pressure?
And Dyna, is this not the Stratoliner Roadliner forum??
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:14 PM

No, type in Stratoliner Roadliner forum and sign up for free.
Tons of info on the liners over there.
I have close to 45,000 on my 07 and have learned a lot about these bikes.
Jim
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 01:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCraft1958 View Post
I'll get that tire changed out, the belt tension is good! Don't know about the alignment??
After you change the rear tire and put the wheel back on, just like a chain drive, you want to be as careful as possible that the belt tracks nicely in the rear pulley. If it is not aligned real good the belt will want to climb the inner edge or the outer edge of the rear pulley. I'm guessing that might cause a growling noise.

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 02:11 PM

Sorry I gave you the wrong info.
Type in Star stratoliner roadliner forum and the second choice says linerwiki, click on it and it will take you right to it.
Jim
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM

Tread design

Some tread designs have deeper wider groves toward edges of tire and make some noise when you lean. I would not replace the tire unless you can see cupping.

Dave
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-15-2011, 10:31 PM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Mine does the same thing has about same milage and same cupping tire. Seems to be a norm for the liners.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode