leaky liner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

leaky liner

well my new stratoliner developed a rear rocker box leak at the git go. not wanting the dealer to touch my bike, i did the fix myself. what a job. i had to take what seemed to be half the bike apart. it has a little over 1000 miles. the problem is, i have the engine light staying on and get a 14 diagnostic code, which is the #1 cyl. air pressure sensor hose. i did have to take the hose off to raise the air cleaner , but hooked it back up. now i have to erase the memory of the fault in the ecu. any one know how to do this? the service manual is very complicated on this subject.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 06:52 PM

Garage
What's wrong with your dealer He got dirty hands
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmalldanzil View Post
What's wrong with your dealer He got dirty hands
nothing wrong with dealers, i'm just picky about my bikes. when i do the work myself i know it's done right. to many horror stories out there about dealer work on anything. there are very good mechanics and there are some that aren't so good. it's like that in any field. i believe they call it being human.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

If you put the hose and sensor back correctly then the error code will reset by starting the bike and let in run at idle for a bit. In other words, it sounds like you didn't do it right.

Last edited by stratowart; 08-07-2011 at 08:31 PM.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 07:39 PM

Garage
Boy a good dealer is, hard to find
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by snarley bill View Post
when i do the work myself i know it's done right.

This whole thread has to be some kind of elaborate hoax, right?

I mean...a bike with 1000 miles develops a warranty issue that could be rectified at no cost to the owner by the dealer? But even though the dealer hasn't yet done anything wrong, the owner doesn't trust his bike to a designated warranty repair facility because he's sure he will do a better job repairing it than the service personnel? So now the bike is malfunctioning and the OP still says he does his own work because he knows it will be done right?

C'mon, admit it: you're having us on aren't you? This is actually a rejected script from TV's "Tool Time" isn't it?

Last edited by Springer; 08-08-2011 at 03:44 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post

This whole thread has to be some kind of elaborate hoax, right?

I mean...a bike with 1000 miles develops a warranty issue that could be rectified at no cost to the owner by the dealer? But even though the dealer hasn't yet done anything wrong, the owner doesn't trust his bike to a designated warranty repair facility because he's sure he will do a better job repairing it than the service personnel? So now the bike is malfunctioning and the OP still says he does his own work because he knows it will be done right?

C'mon, admit it: you're having us on aren't you? This is actually a rejected script from TV's "Tool Time" isn't it?
why don't you just say you don't like me and get it over with.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 10:03 AM
Banned

before this thread turns "stupid", were you able to reset the error code or what?

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post
before this thread turns "stupid", were you able to reset the error code or what?

If starting and running the bike didn't do it, he should try disconnecting the battery for a minute or so, reconnect and see if it's gone away. If not, then something is still fubar.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-09-2011, 11:46 AM
Banned

The method I wrote came right out of the service manual which is pretty simple to follow. If it don't reset after 5 tries you need to contact your administrator.....oh no, sorry, that's my iPhone password message. If it doesn't reset, you did something stupid and you need to recheck your connections. If all connections are good, then you probably broke the sensor or the electrical connector to the sensor.

Last edited by stratowart; 08-09-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode