ordered cobra powerpro autotune - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 01:44 PM Thread Starter

ordered cobra powerpro autotune

i just ordered my autotune from phat. they had two in the warehouse. with their price, free shipping and 5% discount, it came to $465.10. should ship tomorrow. i have spent thousands at phat and never had a problem. they should have one left.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2011, 02:04 PM

thats where i got mine
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2011, 04:12 PM

After the install would like to hear your opinion. My bike is only a month old but next spring it will be one of my investments if it proves worthy!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Subscribed!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-16-2011, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

it should be here thursday, and i hope to install it friday morning, and test it all weekend. sure hope it works. my net up grade may be a d&d slipon.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2011, 11:13 PM

Very interested in your results. I'm not so much worried about every last little bit of power I can squeeze out, but how it improves the smoothness of the engine and how much of an impact it has on MPG when just puttering down the highway,,

The PCIII I had before on a VTX really smoothed out the engine and it ran frickin GREAT all the time. AFR was Dyno tuned to 'low 13's' across the board,,, Pulled hard but had to really watch it if you wanted decent MPG.

I pulled the PCIII off the X before I sold it and immediatley noticed a bit of 'buzz' in the the floorboards at certain speeds that wasn't there before,,,

Got to love a truly smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth running engine!!!!

Is it just me or the does the 'Liner clutch not seem to 'hold' like a good aftermarket clutch under heavy accelleration?

I've got about 3K miles on mine, and it 'feels' like I've got just a hair bit of slip, equal in all gears, under 'full torque' short shift acceleration,,, (My Liner doesn't like a fistful of RPM's,, TQ drops off and HP just 'lacks' compared to the X, Lots of fun short shiftin to 70 though!!!)

Dang,,, I remember adding a clutch to the VTX shortly after the PCIII was installed,,,

Crap,,, almost feel like I'll need to order a PowrPro AND the Barnett set up all at the same time,,, Grrrrrrr,,,,

The things we do for 'fun'!! LOL!!!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2011, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHemi View Post
Very interested in your results. I'm not so much worried about every last little bit of power I can squeeze out, but how it improves the smoothness of the engine and how much of an impact it has on MPG when just puttering down the highway,,

The PCIII I had before on a VTX really smoothed out the engine and it ran frickin GREAT all the time. AFR was Dyno tuned to 'low 13's' across the board,,, Pulled hard but had to really watch it if you wanted decent MPG.

I pulled the PCIII off the X before I sold it and immediatley noticed a bit of 'buzz' in the the floorboards at certain speeds that wasn't there before,,,

Got to love a truly smooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth running engine!!!!

Is it just me or the does the 'Liner clutch not seem to 'hold' like a good aftermarket clutch under heavy accelleration?

I've got about 3K miles on mine, and it 'feels' like I've got just a hair bit of slip, equal in all gears, under 'full torque' short shift acceleration,,, (My Liner doesn't like a fistful of RPM's,, TQ drops off and HP just 'lacks' compared to the X, Lots of fun short shiftin to 70 though!!!)

Dang,,, I remember adding a clutch to the VTX shortly after the PCIII was installed,,,

Crap,,, almost feel like I'll need to order a PowrPro AND the Barnett set up all at the same time,,, Grrrrrrr,,,,

The things we do for 'fun'!! LOL!!!
my autotune is out for delivery. it should be here this afternoon. i will install it tomorrow morning and ride this weekend. it always worries me when i mess with this bike. i'm not expecting miracles. in fact i don't know what i'm expecting. it runs pretty good like it is. i guess a little smoother at low speed, and more throttle responce at low rpm. curiosity has got me more than anything. i will post my findings as soon as i check it out. i do have a good sense for minute improvements from my old dragracing days. i should be able to give an accurate review. i don't run it hard at all, so i have no clutch complaints. i am running 5w-40 rotella t6 with no problems. i just turned over 1800 miles this morning and will do 3000 mile oil and filter change intervals. there is an oil expert on bob the oil guy named sunruh, who has tested most oils in motorcycles and his no. one pick is shell rottella 5w-40 t6 and shell rotella 15w-40 i have been running both in my other v-twins for several years. they are both jaso rated for motorcycles and have lots of good uoa's in bikes. anyway, can't wait to get this autotune on the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode