Strats on the road... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

Strats on the road...

...So, I'm sitting at a crossing, lots of traffic, I can hear another bike a few cars up but, trucks between us, can't see him. Sounds nice though, throaty, deep, loud pipes.

So, his turn comes up, crosses highway and what do I see??? 2010 Deluxe! Two up. Loaded up for travel. And what do they do? Turn right into the place I am going. I pull in and we wave and they are obviously getting turned around to go the other way. I head inside, see who I was there to see about what I was there to see about and I notice they didn't leave the parking lot and are parked next to my scoot.

I finish my business and go out, shake hands, say hi, get acquainted, talk trash about Harley's, which I am starting to notice I do more than the HD people do about my ride. I should cut it out.

In any event, Matt and Molly from Toledo, her by way of the UK with her accent, out for a couple weeks on the road (I'm in Maryland) on their way to see DC then south then home.

Really nice folks, nice bike. They just got the Deluxe and have put 4,000 miles on it in two months. I asked her to sit on my Ultimate to see if she likes them better than the not very comfortable looking stocker. Guess what he's getting for Christmas?

So, the usual, wish we had a 6th gear, love the power and ride, eat Screaming Eagles for lunch, we have best looking bike in the history of the known universe, never see other strats, 6 gallons would be nice, etc. He had a slip on that the dealer had put on and didn't know what it was. It freaking roared yet, when we switched up on the ride and I followed for a bit, it was not bad at all at cruise. We head off for a short ride together and split at highway interchange, them to DC, me home. If we weren't so busy, I was thinking of inviting them over, grab my gal and go ride, do some dinner. Oh well. Gotta do what we gotta do.

In any event, it was real nice seeing and then getting to chat.

Put a smile on my face.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 AM

Nice story. It is a rare experience to see another Liner on the road. We did a 3 week 6,000 mile tour through the west/southwest this summer and only saw one Liner the entire time. Of course everywhere we went there were thousands of Harleys swarming around in herds of self-conscious posers.

What amazes me is that such a fine machine like our Liners is not more popular. All I can figure is it must be the art-deco design and the fact that buying a Liner doesn't automatically come with a prepackaged persona/lifestyle. On the other hand, it's kind of nice to stand out from the crowd and be different. We love our bikes and it's not only fun to respond to perplexed admiring inquiries of "what kind of bike is that?", but it's always a special thrill when we actually encounter one another on the road.

Ride on.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 AM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Lot of good people out there,great story. I bash on hds also but I ride with bunch of hds. Just remember not all hd owners are stuck on them selves. When I was in Sturgis we rode with some good people on hds. I know it's a lot of fun bashing them but we ride Stars and we are better than that.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdeater113 View Post
Lot of good people out there,great story. I bash on hds also but I ride with bunch of hds. Just remember not all hd owners are stuck on them selves. When I was in Sturgis we rode with some good people on hds. I know it's a lot of fun bashing them but we ride Stars and we are better than that.
Yup.

That's why I say I need to stop cutting on HD's. I've met one HD owner in the last year or so that was an a-hole. All the rest are nice people and have nothing derogatory to say about my ride other than friendly teasing and little of that.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Me two, never seen another liner on the road.

I don't trash the HD bikes or the riders, and one of my fellow former Leo buds, spotted my new strat S in the parking lot the other day, he said it only took him about 5 minutes and a half dozen people to find out who owned the new charcoal grey beast. And he's been riding his Very hot looking Hd touring monster to work, side by side we kind of look well similar, all the same setup, except he don't have lowers.
I am looking hard for the fellow liner riders out there, found a few other star bikes, all of them are sharp looking machines. And yep I'm still getting allot of comments about what is that thing. I haven't got any numbers yet, but I want to put a big 1.9 liter set on it somewhere. This will probably just confuse them even more.
All part of the fun.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 PM

i love running in to another liner as well. i see quite a few here in minnesota,,, of course nothing like HD bikes. i think because the bike is new to everyone and there are so few out there in the great HD sea of bike's that the word is slow to get out. i will say that a lot of guys i know, are starting to say they wish they knew about these bikes before they bought their HD's. i think once they buy it for 20,000 then throw another 3000 for bling and another 5000 in to the motor to make it go and it is still getting beat by us. HD makes fine bike's, they just cost a hell of a lot. if i had 30,000 into my strat the whole bike would be chrome and the motor would be built. it would make around 150 HP and 195 Tq and be the coolest bike on the road and give crotch rockets a scare. lol,,, Strat doing a wheelie burnout pulling past them with me grinning at them like a fool. it is funny how you get a rush when you see another strat or RL cuz you know you just ran into one of the baddest V-Twin cruzer on the planet and it's still stock as far as i'm concerned. wait untill we can get those big cams and then watch the Stratonlier roadliner fan club explode. once we can hop these things up to make more than one HP per cube. my bro's HD makes 1.126 per cube times 113 thats 127 HP and the Tq would be more yet. i would think we can get more increase than that cuz we got those bad ass 4 valve heads with twin down draft throttle bodies aiming straight in to the cylinders. big ass cams will make us all gods and everyone else will want to be a god as well. soon a lot of other bikes are going to go up for sale and the price of a Strat will skyrocket. Hail to the brother hood of liner greatness. 113 CI of making me oh so cool. look so cool and sound so cool. i know this is true because every time i see another liner the guys driving it look so damn cool. then i realize i look so damn cool too and that damn liner grin hits your face and all the HD guys are wondering why these two guys have that "sh*t eatin grin" on their faces. i guess you got to own one to know one. liners rock and so do their owners!!

Last edited by TheBrain; 09-01-2011 at 08:24 PM. Reason: typo
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratonut View Post
What amazes me is that such a fine machine like our Liners is not more popular.
it's like Cadillacs. luxury vehicles are more rare than others
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-02-2011, 04:45 PM

Excellent point! That reminds me one of the first reviews I read about the Roadliner actually called it the Cadillac of Cruisers. I like the concept...we're just too damn classy to be associated with the common herd!

http://www.roadbikemag.com/forum/Yam...6RoadLiner.php
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 12:45 PM

I agree, I don't see many Liners either, although I've seen recently there's a guy in our little town of 1000 people that has a real sweet-looking and sounding silver one. And a few weeks ago we were out for a ride with my sister-in-law and her fiancee, stopped for dinner, and there was one there. We parked next to it of course, and it looked like a mini Star rally. The Liner, his Stryker, her 650, and our 1100 all in a row. Sweet.

2002 V-Star 1100 Silverado
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-03-2011, 04:59 PM

I had a Harley the last two years. I now have the Stratoliner S. So differenta than the 09 HD Flht. A lot more comfortable on the Strato. I just wish the tank was 6gals. More room on back for wife. U can tell the differeance. Riders of different bikes can be different. I had all kinds. A bike is a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode