It's amazing what you learn when you read the manual - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

It's amazing what you learn when you read the manual

For instances I had no clue the signals were self-cancelling and that the top of headlight housing slides over the ignition. BRB gonna go read the manual for everything I own.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 11:58 AM
Banned

Did you get the addendum mailed to you yet?

Don't worry if you didn't, all it mentions is that the manual isn't color specific. It reads on about the trouble shooting section on speed per RPM and at each gear may not be achieved for red, gray, and black paint schemes. Some added mumbo jumbo about those colors being much slower than the values in print.

post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post
Did you get the addendum mailed to you yet?

Don't worry if you didn't, all it mentions is that the manual isn't color specific. It reads on about the trouble shooting section on speed per RPM and at each gear may not be achieved for red, gray, and black paint schemes. Some added mumbo jumbo about those colors being much slower than the values in print.
I kind of figured that was all common sense anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 03:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
For instances I had no clue the signals were self-cancelling and that the top of headlight housing slides over the ignition. BRB gonna go read the manual for everything I own.
the manual didn't help me one iota when i was changing out my mirrors. no one ever told me that one mirror unscrews in one direction and the other unscrews in a counter direction. things were thrown and broken out of anger that day
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 03:41 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevo1981 View Post
the manual didn't help me one iota when i was changing out my mirrors. no one ever told me that one mirror unscrews in one direction and the other unscrews in a counter direction. things were thrown and broken out of anger that day
Oh, I've had those days.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratowart View Post
It reads on about the trouble shooting section

Hah!! Caught your lying butt!

In the first place, you can't read.

Secondly, if you had some HD rider explain it to you, you'd have seen the fine print state that Yamaha doesn't offer production bikes in blue...blue, black and gray are primer colors for incomplete line reject models sold on the black market at discounted prices to the black cherry wannabes.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Funny on that one, the pup salesman I had when I bought my 1100 was showin me all the ins and outs of the bike, He says ,now here is the turn signal switch, you gotta turn it back this way to turn it off Yes, the owners manual is a dandy little piece of literature if you don't know already. Ride Safe
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-24-2011, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springer View Post
Hah!! Caught your lying butt!

In the first place, you can't read.

Secondly, if you had some HD rider explain it to you, you'd have seen the fine print state that Yamaha doesn't offer production bikes in blue...blue, black and gray are primer colors for incomplete line reject models sold on the black market at discounted prices to the black cherry wannabes.
Incorrect sir. Blue is Yamaha's color and they would never consider using it as a primer color and covering it up with an inferior color and who in their right mind would ride something who's hue sounds like it was named after a Detroit stripper?
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 07:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
who in their right mind would ride something who's hue sounds like it was named after a Detroit stripper?

You need to get out more. Experience the world. And if you haven't been with a Detroit stripper, you have no idea what you're missing

But then, I guess that's why the Puritans controlled their children with "Blue Laws". Like the the blue bikes, they didn't get out much, either...
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 09-25-2011, 09:31 AM

Speaking of PURE,
Black as sin
Black as night
Black as the inside of a tunnel
Black is the color of my true loves hair
Black beauty
Black diamond
Black and blue
Black knight
Black rules boys.

My feet on the pegs and lots of time to go where the road leads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode