Test rode the roadliner - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 07:27 AM Thread Starter

Test rode the roadliner

GAWD I WANT IT NOW!

Anyways it was a decent change up in the parking lot but on the streets and highways it really just felt like it was made for me. I gave it a few low speed laps around the dealership after my main ride and low speed handling will not be a issue at all i think. A few things will have to change though, it will need risers,longer mirror pegs, and a kickstand boot so it is not so much of a pain to get it down and back up. The highway portion i went 110 and it was doing 3.5 RPM and sounded very nice and felt very comfortable.

In general the time to buy cannot come fast enough.
Also rode the harley VROD it was fast and uncomfortable.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseCarmack View Post
GAWD I WANT IT NOW!

Anyways it was a decent change up in the parking lot but on the streets and highways it really just felt like it was made for me. I gave it a few low speed laps around the dealership after my main ride and low speed handling will not be a issue at all i think. A few things will have to change though, it will need risers,longer mirror pegs, and a kickstand boot so it is not so much of a pain to get it down and back up. The highway portion i went 110 and it was doing 3.5 RPM and sounded very nice and felt very comfortable.

In general the time to buy cannot come fast enough.
Also rode the harley VROD it was fast and uncomfortable.

Don't let your excitement blur your thought process. Shop around for prices. There are more than a few left over Strats still in crates with full warranties going cheap. A friend of mine, on my advice bought a 2010 leftover for $9100.

Here's an example... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2009-...item2a158b869c

If you have to travel to pick it up, and it's in a region where the weather is favorable for riding this time of year, it's a good excuse for a road trip. Plus it'll be well on it's way to being broken in when you arrive home.

Concerning the V-Rod. I sold a V-Rod to purchase a Strat. It was the most uncomfortable motorcycle I have ever ridden.

The Strat now has 33,000 miles and I appreciate it more everyday. Good machine and cost effective for what you get.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 09:23 AM

I agree with Fat Strat look around. I did so and I ended up finding one hell of a deal on my Roadliner. However, I definitely understand your excitement. Pls let us know when you pick up whatever you decide to purchase and ride safe.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 11:59 AM

You done screwed up.
Took the wife up to the hospital in Denver and stopped by Coyote Yamaha to get a spedo viser for the 1100 and they talked me into a test ride and about a week later one was on the forum that I got for 8K with Mustang seat in Salem Or., flew out there and picked it up, rode it 1450 miles home in two days and have 45K on it now
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 02:06 PM Thread Starter

Haha yea im not running out the door to get one, i would like ot but na. I am gonna enter the market around tax return time. The shopping list will include.
midnight edition
power commander
BAK air kit hopefully
risers
hard corbin bags
risers
mustang seat
<20000 miles

I have seen bikes with this shopping list quite a few times,even one of the members here has one but i can;'t buy it right now so unlucky me.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-05-2011, 04:43 PM

Power commander--not needed
BAK --way more noise
Risers --see if you can find one with the tour bars
Corbin bags --yeah
Mustang seat -- I love mine
Pipes --waste of money, these bikes run best stock with K&N filter
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 AM

I love the looks and sound of the speedstar pipes I put on after I bought mine. They might even lose a couple hp at lower rpms, but it definitely isn't noticeable... I kept my stock stuff, but am much happier with the speedstars. You don't have to remove the exhaust for some maintenance tasks, too.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNA118 View Post
Power commander--not needed
BAK --way more noise
Risers --see if you can find one with the tour bars
Corbin bags --yeah
Mustang seat -- I love mine
Pipes --waste of money, these bikes run best stock with K&N filter
Glad to know. I just got mine and am plenty happy with the power and exhaust note. I personally don't want a loud exhaust anymore (my Gixxer is WAY loud). I've owned enough toys to know how it goes with being fine for a while and then wanting more. Of course that may happen, but I got my Strat more for comfort and overall rideability than to just start throwing money at it. However, I do think it could use a 6th gear ;-)

-Chris
2008 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight (new Nov 2011)
Buck's Lowers | D&D Slip-On | Lindby Black Multibar | Kuryakyn Hwy Pegs | Misc. Bling
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:20 AM

Location: rainy side of washington state now reside in Blackfoot,Idaho
Another victim bitten by the liner bug.I know what your going through.I researched about 6 months between a liner and a rs.Then I saw an add that was way to good to be true.The wife I drove 160 miles to go look at the strat,took it for a road test then it was over. Went in signed papers and the rest is history.I have no regrets and the bike thrills me everytime I ride it.Had I known the bike market was going the way it did I could have waited another year and bought a low milage used one.But one never knows.

2007 Stratoliner S
Reckless batwing
Sony am/fm cd mp3 4 speakers w/500 watt amp,8in sub
12 inch ape hanger bars
Roadhouse slip on exhaust
K&N air filter with lid mod
Cobra Fi2000 powrpro auto tuner
Kuryakyn mustache bar
Corbin low profile solo seat
LED running lights front and rear
21 inch chrome raider front wheel
200 tire on the rear
113 Hd eating tire smoking cubic inches
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiknNutz View Post
Glad to know. I just got mine and am plenty happy with the power and exhaust note. I personally don't want a loud exhaust anymore (my Gixxer is WAY loud). I've owned enough toys to know how it goes with being fine for a while and then wanting more. Of course that may happen, but I got my Strat more for comfort and overall rideability than to just start throwing money at it. However, I do think it could use a 6th gear ;-)
The stock muffler will get louder as the miles go by, wait till you have been cruising @ 70 for 20-30 miles and touch the shifter and find you have been in 4th all along.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode