Good GAWD, I love this ride!!! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Good GAWD, I love this ride!!!

Although I only have a bit over 100 miles on it, I am SO loving this bike. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Power, comfort, looks, quality, style, storage. I know the new-ness will wear off, but DAMMMMM. Just wanted to share

-Chris
2008 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight (new Nov 2011)
Buck's Lowers | D&D Slip-On | Lindby Black Multibar | Kuryakyn Hwy Pegs | Misc. Bling
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2011, 10:00 PM

Thats what I said about mine. Of course weather here is going crap real quick.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:57 AM

I've finally been able to take mine out the last couple weeks and just love the thing! I'd never even ridden a cruiser before and just love it. The position is the most comfortable for me.

06 Stratoliner S - far from stock
08 Lexus ISF
04 4runner
06 Lexus IS350
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 10:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiknNutz View Post
Although I only have a bit over 100 miles on it, I am SO loving this bike. It is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Power, comfort, looks, quality, style, storage. I know the new-ness will wear off, but DAMMMMM. Just wanted to share
Cheer up: after a few more miles you'll have begun to really appreciate it, and your enthusiasm level will rise accordingly

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 10:52 AM

At 45K every time I ride my liner I say I love this bike
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-10-2011, 08:16 AM

I just tucked mine away for the impending colder weather last night...had the chance to get about 1800 miles on it since I picked it up this fall. I love it. A few little tweaks over the winter, and she'll be the way I want her. Now, to wait until March. Sigh.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 01:11 PM

Talking Upgrade ???

I'm way past my normal trade-in period for a motorcycle. I have a 2006 Stratoliner S I bought used in October 2006. I traded in a 2001 Roadstar Silverado (actually sold it because trade-in value was less than 1/2 what I could sell it for). The thing is, I haven't the foggiest idea what I would want in replacement -- another Stratoliner S (why, except for a minor cosmetic change to the tank trim in the 2012 version, it is identical to my 2006.). The only other bike out there that even comes close to being interesting is the Victory Cross Country, but its engine is not even close to my Stratoliner.

Oh well, I guess its time to see if I can get to 100,000 miles on a motorcycle (47,000 miles now and no real repair work -- I got no value out of the 4 year extended warranty ).

Last edited by hilleyja; 11-18-2011 at 01:36 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 09:38 PM

[QUOTE=hilleyja;40003]I'm way past my normal trade-in period for a motorcycle.
QUOTE]

Didn't know there was one You like it, ride it, no matter what the age of your bike

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2011, 09:49 PM

[QUOTE=Springer;39545

[/QUOTE

Still like to see ol Bullwinkle with a set of moose horns mounted on the front fender, be a class act, I think

Ride Safe, Live Long
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2011, 08:21 AM

Ha, Ha, that feeling never goes away

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiknNutz View Post
I thought the newness would wear off and it would become just another bike. so far 3 seasons and 33,000 mi and every time i get on it i get wood. i wish i could drive year round here in Minnesota. rode yesterday it was 43 deg F. 33 deg when i came out of the bar (thank god for Gerbing heated jacket liners, best thing i ever bought besides the bike). My bike loves that cold dense air and will easily break the back tire loose on the cold pavement. you have to be a little careful this time of the year. I ride with a buddy that has a HD Roadglide that is highly modified both engine and body work. I like my Strat S better. it is the king. like getting on a wild stallion that will only allow you to ride it. it is your ride. your battle attack war ship. your girlie pick up machine. women are naturally drawn to bright shiny things like jewelry and chrome. so yeah, i love my bike and god have pitty on the fool who thinks they can run against me. well unless they have another Liner. I hope you keep enjoying your ride for a long time.

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
Totaled out on 8/14/17 at 69,985 miles.
She was Bad Ass, It has cool Brain stuff in it.
K&N, BAM, BRA Mod (only one on the planet),
Stock 2:1 header pipe and Roadhouse Slip-on muffler
I loved my Strat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode