Exhaust help!!!!!! - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Exhaust help!!!!!!

I just imported a Hard Krome American Classic exhaust and it doesn't fit, it's impossible to fit the front pipe as the heat shield blocks access to the header studs, anyone else had the problem and or what aftermarket pipes do you use

Thanks

Mark......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Banned

Good to know, I have been looking at the HK exhausts. Sorry you are having troubles. I would suggest a call to the good folks at HK.

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Not sure it'd help, but I may be able to get a picture of my aftermarket exhaust up front for you... see if it's different

06 Stratoliner S - far from stock
08 Lexus ISF
04 4runner
06 Lexus IS350
Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2011, 01:51 PM

Something is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
I just imported a Hard Krome American Classic exhaust and it doesn't fit, it's impossible to fit the front pipe as the heat shield blocks access to the header studs, anyone else had the problem and or what aftermarket pipes do you use

Thanks

Mark......
I think there may be a specific method of assembly you aren't following or they sent you the wrong pipes. the manufacturers have this so well figured out that it is highly unlikely your aftermarket pipe won't fit just as well as the stock pipe. at least i would hope so. as much as this stuff cost for two stinking pipes with heat shields they should fit at least as good as stock if not better.

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
Totaled out on 8/14/17 at 69,985 miles.
She was Bad Ass, It has cool Brain stuff in it.
K&N, BAM, BRA Mod (only one on the planet),
Stock 2:1 header pipe and Roadhouse Slip-on muffler
I loved my Strat
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrain View Post
I think there may be a specific method of assembly you aren't following or they sent you the wrong pipes. the manufacturers have this so well figured out that it is highly unlikely your aftermarket pipe won't fit just as well as the stock pipe. at least i would hope so. as much as this stuff cost for two stinking pipes with heat shields they should fit at least as good as stock if not better.

What the smart dude said. In this day and age if an after market exhaust doesn't fit, something is wrong. Call em, I'll bet they sent the wrong pipe.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-24-2011, 09:49 PM

I know with my roadhouse the entire exhaust had to be on and completely secure before installing the heat shields. My heat shields also cover my exhaust bolts. just my 2 cents

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode