A DIfferent Exhaust - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

A DIfferent Exhaust

Hi,

I'm looking to replace my exhaust. I'm mostly seeing two long straight pipes either the same length of staggered. I saw the post of true duals cool but not that interesting in my opinion. The garden variety of aftermarket exhausts do look better than stock but they are still not that intersting such as the Raider's stock exhaust. Does anyone have any links to different looking exhausts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2011, 09:44 PM

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 01:50 AM

If you don't like any of the off the shelf aftermarket exhausts, you could contact a custom exhaust builder and get something made that's really one of a kind...
You gotta wonder how much that would cost though, and keep in mind you could spend a reasonable amount on pipes and have money left over for a fuel processor. Didn't you say you're ordering a BAK for your bike? I understand you need a programmer with that anyway. The cobra speedster longs look really good (IMO) if you have saddlebags. I have the yamaha speedstar pipes, and they sound really good.
Check amazon.com for pipes, there are good deals on there!

Last edited by 08Midnight; 12-15-2011 at 01:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 04:38 AM

I saw these on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Freedom-Perf...sories&vxp=mtr

Last edited by nomohdsfome; 12-15-2011 at 04:43 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 06:24 AM Thread Starter

Yeah - I just got my BAK yesterday. Now I have to find time to install it. I was hoping to install it and do a factory reset of the ECU and then if I get pipes I'll get the fuel processor. I really like the pipes on Ebay. They are what I'm looking. DO you think they would pose any noise problems for the passenger?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 AM

Be careful with the Raider exhaust if you run the saddle bags, it looks like it may interfere with them

06 Stratoliner S - far from stock
08 Lexus ISF
04 4runner
06 Lexus IS350
Ryan
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Banned

Not only the saddle bags, with any of the radius exhausts, the passengder pegs may also become an issue.

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 03:34 AM

Yeah, they say it fits the liners, but only shows them on the raider... Looks like there would be peg interference. Gotta say I like the speedstars... You don't have to pull the exhaust for the primary gear oil or drive belt tension adjustments. That's a great bonus.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

It's a bonus, I'll give you that. A "great bonus", ehh, not so much. You change the primary's hypoid gear oil after break-in then it's good for something like 15,000 miles.

I don't see any pipe causing any great deal of pain for belt tension check/adjustment.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode