Up next, passenger floorboards..what ya got? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Up next, passenger floorboards..what ya got?

Next mod will be rear boards.

I have looked at the Yamaha rear boards but dont care for them. All that nice chrome and they offer a dull brushed aluminum board and the clear browns from the exhaust heat.

I have eyeballed Kuryakyn but understand the adapters they offer allow you to use several boards but they dont flip up? Let me know if that is correct.

Show what you got, who makes them and anything special you did to make them work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:46 AM

I just went OEM dull brushed as I have a midnight but just wanted Momma to be more comfortable... so far so good
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
My ride came with the OEM ones, essentially a smaller version of the rider floor boards, but I still have a set of Highway Hawk ones. I may mount those, to see how that looks .

If I like that, I may have to get a matching rider set .... .

Kind regards, Wim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 11:30 AM

The royals have some nice chrome ones.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

My neighbor has the Yamaha boards and the bottom of the right side is as brown as mud from the factory exhaust.

That is the biggest reason I chose not to go with the yamaha ones.

I run my bike solo 90% of the time, I wouldnt mind finding some rear boards that quickly detach but I dont know of any.

Does anyone know for sure if the Kuryakyn adapter setup does or does not fold up?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmanphil View Post
My neighbor has the Yamaha boards and the bottom of the right side is as brown as mud from the factory exhaust.

That is the biggest reason I chose not to go with the yamaha ones.

I run my bike solo 90% of the time, I wouldnt mind finding some rear boards that quickly detach but I dont know of any.

Does anyone know for sure if the Kuryakyn adapter setup does or does not fold up?
What model Yamaha does he have?
I have had mine for years and I have never had any junk on the bottom, you do know kuryakyn chrome is junk don't you.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNA118 View Post
What model Yamaha does he have?
I have had mine for years and I have never had any junk on the bottom, you do know kuryakyn chrome is junk don't you.
His is an 06 or 07 Strat with the factory Yamaha boards. I dont know how long they have been on there, he bought the bike used a little over a year ago and they were already on there.

The bottom of the right side board is brown, left side is normal. Its obvious heat damage from the exhaust.

The problem is searching for Strat stuff is tedious because only a few companies make stuff for it and they only make limited items so you have to search long and far unlike more 'popular' bikes where there are so many one stop shops that have everything for a bike from front to back.

That said, some people get crafty and work out items that isnt in catalogs which is why like to see what other people have come up with before I go and drop a bunch of $$ when there might be better options out there.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsmanphil View Post
His is an 06 or 07 Strat with the factory Yamaha boards. I dont know how long they have been on there, he bought the bike used a little over a year ago and they were already on there.

The bottom of the right side board is brown, left side is normal. Its obvious heat damage from the exhaust.

The problem is searching for Strat stuff is tedious because only a few companies make stuff for it and they only make limited items so you have to search long and far unlike more 'popular' bikes where there are so many one stop shops that have everything for a bike from front to back.

That said, some people get crafty and work out items that isnt in catalogs which is why like to see what other people have come up with before I go and drop a bunch of $$ when there might be better options out there.
Those are just aluminum with clear coat and should clean up easy.
I made my brackets and used the boards off of my old bike.
Go to Yamaha sports plaza and put in part #5S7-F74BO-VO-00 and look at the chrome boards for the Royals, you can get great deals on the Royal Venture forum.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 10:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYNA118 View Post
Those are just aluminum with clear coat and should clean up easy.
I made my brackets and used the boards off of my old bike.
Go to Yamaha sports plaza and put in part #5S7-F74BO-VO-00 and look at the chrome boards for the Royals, you can get great deals on the Royal Venture forum.
I like those boards, might not match the shape of the front boards but the polished chrome matches the engine/exhaust/trim.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 07:26 AM

As dyna suggested they are simple aluminum that would probably easily clean up. Plus you really don't know what the ones you are looking at have been through. You could most likely get a new set and spend a few minutes with a buffer and have them looking like chrome. Then shoot them with a good coat of clear yourself. Or just leave them uncoated but you would have to polish them often.

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode