Harley front end on a Strat? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Harley front end on a Strat?

Yall ever heard of this.

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/mcy/5051168378.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:01 AM
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Nope .

If it fits, I guess it is an option....

Not my kinda idea, however .

And seeing it was wrecked, doesn't give me a lot of confidence either .

Kind regards, Wim

Own: 2006 Yamaha XV1900A Midnight Star, Black Cherry, with all the Strat S trims ( (2015-)
Owned: AMF Harley 350SS (1976-1977); Yamaha XS650 (1977-1979); 2012 Yamaha XVS1300A Midnight Star, Dark Grey Metallic G (2014-2015)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 08:36 AM

I looked hard at the Road Kings and they are very nice bikes, but I have always tended toward going my own way and buying the same bike that hundreds of thousands have only to put different chrome on it was not what I wanted.
I felt that since I was buying new I wanted new technology and innovation with the advances to go with it and since I don't usually run with the crowd I looked for something of equal or better performance while maintaining that technological edge.I also think that a lot of that price is because of the name.

I know I've trod on hollowed ground here and my thoughts and actions are/were not meant to offend or alienate anyone but to go along with my thoughts on what a biker truly is and go my individual way!

Mental

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

I want to call the guy and chat him up.

Looks like he used HD forks, fairing, lights but managed to keep the Strat wheel, fender, risers and bar.

I imagine he kept the Strat tree. It also appears he is using a single side disc brake in the front which is odd because he has the strat master which would have a line splitter. I assume the HD front forks is made only for one caliper...I would love to know how he blocked off the left side brake line.

Now the real question.....why? I have a feeling that 'wreck' he tried to pass over was a bit more involved. He totaled it and bought it back from the ins company..note on the right the title status is "rebuilt" there is no 'rebuilt' status in NC, its either clean or salvaged.

I can buy good strats for $5500, no way I would pay that for a FrankenStrat.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 09:07 AM

By road king front end one would assume he is referring to the forks and such as the RK does not have a fairing. That or he doesn't know what he is talking about. But looking at it if I had to guess I would say it just has a HD fairing and lights up front. It still has the Strat wheel & fender. The RK has huge front fork uppers and chrome covers over the top that wrap around the headlight. Not on that bike. The fairing appears to match the HD lines from the front, but I'm enclined to say that isn't even a HD fairing. I could be wrong but I have never seen one that looked like that on the inside, especially where the radio is sitting.
I'm with wimg, probably a piece meal bike that someone is trying to flip. I wouldn't give it a second thought.
There is a used dealership near me that deals almost exclusively in rebuilt wrecks. Maybe some what that to save $$$ but I'll take my chances with retail.

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Yea those do appear to be the strat forks with the covers removed.

I guess he removed the left brake for looks...

I wouldnt give him 2000.00 for that bike.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-22-2015, 03:53 PM

FrankenStrat! that's a good name for it...

Mental

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode