Which Fuel Tuner Are you Using? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 12:37 PM Thread Starter

Which Fuel Tuner Are you Using?

Hi Folks,
Just curious as to which tuner/module folks are using. Previous owner of my 08 Roady installed the Cobra Fi2000 unit. I have the D&D slip on and still get a few back fires when letting off the throttle. Considering going with the Freedom True Duals and wondering if I should pop for the Power Commander V or see if the Cobra Fi2000 will be good enough. Any and all feedback/comments welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 01:42 PM

Garage
Hey arsey, I'm using the cobra fi2ooor on my 09' 950t. My experience has been that if you only upgrade the exhaust with a tuner, and not the air intake system, you'll get some backfiring. The modified exhaust, air intake system, and tuner all have to work together for maximum results. Again, that's just been my experience.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2015, 03:20 PM
Banned

Backfiring is from fuel cut and it's ECU related. My advice would be to send your ECU to Ivan at http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/stratoliner.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 06:36 AM

Which Fuel Tuner Are you Using?

I have a Cobra speedster slashdown exhaust plus their air intake and added a Cobra fi2000 fuel processor but i still get popping and some backfiring every so often.

So here's my issue and concern with this Ivan's performance product. Will he fix the popping/backfiring even though I have all three items listed?

I've looked at his service to fix my ECU on my V Star 1300 and it's not a cheap fix. If any member can confirm he actually fixed their ECU issues I would like to hear it before I send mine out

Last edited by vstarjoe; 08-19-2015 at 06:46 AM.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2015, 07:15 AM
Banned

The red Raider pictured on his site in the Raider section is mine. H3 used it to develop the flash for the Raider. He tben bought his own. He owns a Stratoliner. If you go to the FZ1OA site or Road Star Raider site, you will see plenty of positve feedback.

To your questions, the answer is yes. Even a stock bike has fuel cut and will backfire. Many are having their ECUs flashed even if they have no mods.

Here's a pretty good Stratoliner thread http://www.stratolinerdeluxe.com/tec...9;s-ecu-flash/

Last edited by t84a; 08-19-2015 at 07:19 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-29-2016, 12:46 PM

Cobra Power Pro. Expensive but worth it. Love mine. Have it paired with HK 3 inch Big Straights and the bike runs so much better than stock.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 05:29 AM

I will also chime in on Ivan's ECU flash. It works!!! I added the Freedom Duals and was getting
pops when up shifting and on deceleration. I added the Cobra Power Pro auto tuner and while it
made the bike run well it did nothing to get rid of the popping. Cobra tuner only
makes fuel corrections while on the throttle, but does nothing when you close the throttle. Ivan's
flash got rid of the popping and I removed and sold the Cobra tuner.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Garage
Just out of curiosity tigrzeye, what's the cost of the ECU flash if you don't mind me asking? I was unable to find it earlier.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Banned

It's on Ivan's site.

Ivan's Performance Products
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 03-01-2016, 11:37 AM

Garage
Thanks t84a, couldn't pull anything up, guess the local stormy weather wouldn't let me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode