Baron's 'Liner Risers - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-15-2009, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Baron's 'Liner Risers

Just installed Baron's 'Liner Risers on my '06 Strat today. First ride impression is very positive comfort-wise. But I'm having a bit of trouple dogging the caps down tight enough to keep the bars from dropping when applying moderate downward pressure on the grips. Seems like there should be some good tips available to cure this. Any suggestions out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 PM

Barons risers

Tighten the allen head bolt first,that is the second one forward from the tank.This will leave a "gap",that will allow the one closest to tank to be tightened,clamping tight on bar..Randy
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-25-2009, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Randy, but that's been tried. In fact, after I tightened the rear allen bolt down, I dogged the front one down too much and stripped the thread on one of the caps. There was just no gap there. Barons was nice enough to send me a new one - gotta love a company that stands by their products - so tomorrow I'm going to try again. This time I'm going to rough up the inside of the clamps a bit with a Dremel and make up some thin aluminium shims. Apparently no one else has ever encountered this problem - lucky me. I'll post again if any of this works. Appreciate the response, tho'.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-26-2009, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

OK, just got back from the test ride and can happily report that the god of risers has smiled upon me. No handlebar roll. So, here's what didn't work, what might have worked, and what probably worked. Shims - didn't work. There was insufficient room in the clamp to accommodate a shim of any thickness. Roughing up the inside of the clamp around the handlebar - might have worked, probably didn't hurt. What probably worked was reinstalling the riser while paying more attention to the process. I thought I had originally installed them in keeping with the instructions and as Randy recommended above, but I probably didn't. This time I made sure I paid attention and the result was success. So, once again, my mechanical ineptitude teaches me humility.

I also learned that the folks at Barons are first-rate - working hard to make sure that their customers end up happy with their products. And the 'Liner Risers are a great product. Thanks to them and to Randy for gettin' me straight.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 09-25-2009, 10:37 PM

Talking Love the Baron's Liner Risers

I have had my Baron's risers on for about 4 months now and I love them. I had a heck of a time figuring out where the extra wiring was hidden in the back of the headlight. If you are contemplating buying the risers don't wait.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Expecting to receive a set of these risers next week. Any tips on the install beyond what's in the instructions - particularly with regard to freeing up some slack in the cables?
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 08:37 PM

I didn't have to do anything with the clutch cable but the brake cable had to be removed from the clips and then I used cable ties to attach it to the clips. The excess wiring is behind the plate in the back of the headlight. I got it done by myself, but it would be a lot easier with two people.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 08:27 AM

I have a set on order. They look really nice & it's a bit of a stretch for me to reach the stock bars even though I tend to lead forward a bit when riding. Now maybe I can sit back & cruise. LOL
Can't wait to install them, hopefullly this week.

Don Pedro
===========================
MA facing NH
============================
"Just another day in paradise"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 08:54 PM

forgive my ignorance but do the risers just raise the handlebars or do they actually bring them closer to the rider. I would like to do both if possible.

This being my first bike I am still learning and this site has provided a great format for doing so.

Thanks
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:10 PM

Rake

Bigjoe,

Yes they do also move the handlebars rearward due to the rake angle of the front forks, tripple tree, riser, etc. It angles back so as you raise the bars they also move back some. My inch and a half riser moved the bars rearward three quarter inch if I remember right.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode