Bought one :o) - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-10-2009, 01:07 PM Thread Starter

Bought one :o)

Have placed my order to for a new XV1900. Picking it up on 17th Sept. Managed to get if for 7499, that's about $12500 US, which I thought was a good deal. How does that compare? Can't wait as this is my first cruiser after years on just about every other type of bike

Pip

Last edited by pipnash; 09-10-2009 at 02:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 10:28 PM

Congrats

Pip,
How's the liner working out for you?
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Its fantastic. Much smoother than I imagined it would be and far easier to handle at slow speeds. The centre of gravity makes it feel a lot lighter. As I am fairly short (5'9') I find that the bars are a bit of a stretch when fully turned but I have ordered some Baron Bar Risers which will sort that out. Fuel consumption is surprisingly good for such a big bike. I am very impressed all round and I cant fault it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-01-2009, 04:30 PM

Congratulations

congratulations on the new bike. Your price sounds good and the bike too. I agree the bike handles good for its size and weight. The balance front to rear is improved and the center of balance is lower than older models. The Aluminum frame I guess helps this. Is also better counter balanced engine also.

Wonder if you see many Yamaha's in London? Do you turn some heads when you ride by on your big V Twin? Here is Ohio Yamaha is popular but Harley out numbers us in Cruisers. Lots of smaller cruisers but numbers shift to Harley as the cost goes up. The Stratoliner has more performance and I believe an edge on reliability. Harley has the image. Sport bikes are popular with the younger riders. Most look really uncomfortable, the sport touring bikes look good. The Japanese are most popular there. BMW and Triumph have some nice bikes. Not quite as popular.

Dave
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 11:06 PM

Cool Best

Well I have owed over 12-15 Bikes in the last 30 years! Lots of HD , But i was looking for a New Bike an a Frd told me about this Bike. Looked for Best Deal! Cash! No one wanted to Deal in Tamp,Fl So I went To Jacksonvill and bought a Brand New Out of the Crate. In fact they un crated 8 of them to make me what I wanted. So I bought a Roadliner S (SeaShell ) an they Added all but the Windsheild. I wanted to get a Memphis Shade a Lot Nicer Looking Then the Stock Yamaha One. First Ride on her 9 1/2 Hours Yes Stock Seat. I Love it all my other Bikes 2-3 Hrs Need a Break Not This one Buy buy HD I am sold on this Bike!!!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSSFASTEDDIE View Post
Well I have owed over 12-15 Bikes in the last 30 years! Lots of HD , But i was looking for a New Bike an a Frd told me about this Bike. Looked for Best Deal! Cash! No one wanted to Deal in Tamp,Fl So I went To Jacksonvill and bought a Brand New Out of the Crate. In fact they un crated 8 of them to make me what I wanted. So I bought a Roadliner S (SeaShell ) an they Added all but the Windsheild. I wanted to get a Memphis Shade a Lot Nicer Looking Then the Stock Yamaha One. First Ride on her 9 1/2 Hours Yes Stock Seat. I Love it all my other Bikes 2-3 Hrs Need a Break Not This one Buy buy HD I am sold on this Bike!!!!!
I am always curious when I see experienced Harley owners' comments and perspectives on the Liner. I was set on HD when I was looking this summer to upgrade from my V-Star 1100, and rode all the touring models. I still love Harleys, fantastic looks, sound, fit and finish, and accessories available by the boatload. But the power, value and, well, sophistication of the Liner (power, handling, oil-cooler, aluminum frame, shifting, braking, parking lot maneuverability, and did I mention power?) won my heart and wallet. This is only the fourth bike I have owned, but I can't imagine anything nicer than that sweet 113-incher singing to me through the Cobras. This puppy rocks!

-Caper

3rd Officer
Road Captain
All Canadian Riders Club
Chapter 001 Durham ON Canada
http://www.allcanadianridersclub.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode