Ultimate Lowrider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

Ultimate Lowrider

So I bought the ultimate Lowrider setup, front seat and passenger seat. Sitting on it at first was very comfortable, but after 140 miles today, my tailbone is killing me. A little better than stock, but not much. I'm wondering if I should waste the shipping charges to try the midrider driver seat, or just return it and get a mustang. I'm 6'2" and 245 lbs with a 34" inseam. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 08:24 AM

Is there a reason that you opted for the low rider to begin with. I have a 30" inseam and had issues with the stock seat at red lights. Never had any other problems with it except for my legs being fully extended when stopped.

I looked at ultimate, but finally chose a local guy who uses the same foam that is used in aviation and wheelchairs for paraplegics. The final cost for all the seats in a custom colored vinyl was just over $800. He spent over an hour with me getting it all turned in and the result was sweet. Love my seats.

If you're having issues in the tailbone area, you may want to consider custom if you're doing a lot of riding. I took a 10 day 3000 mile ride last fall and had one 800 mile and one 600 day with no issues.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwallick55 View Post
Is there a reason that you opted for the low rider to begin with. I have a 30" inseam and had issues with the stock seat at red lights. Never had any other problems with it except for my legs being fully extended when stopped.

I looked at ultimate, but finally chose a local guy who uses the same foam that is used in aviation and wheelchairs for paraplegics. The final cost for all the seats in a custom colored vinyl was just over $800. He spent over an hour with me getting it all turned in and the result was sweet. Love my seats.

If you're having issues in the tailbone area, you may want to consider custom if you're doing a lot of riding. I took a 10 day 3000 mile ride last fall and had one 800 mile and one 600 day with no issues.
They turned out nice. What did you search for to find this guy...customer upholstery or something similar?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
They turned out nice. What did you search for to find this guy...customer upholstery or something similar?
No, I was referred by the shop manager at the dealership that I usually do business. He did an alligator seat for the Bolt-R contest that Yamaha had, I believe it was, last year. He does really good work. Husband and wife team.

A Sweet Seat Home Page

The seat starts out kinda hard in the morning, but as it absorbs heat from my body, it basically makes a mold of my seat. The different densities of foam that he uses allows support and softness without going the whole way to the pan. It was worth the couple hundred dollars extra over the ultimate. I picked a two-tone/texture that really doesn't show up in the picture. Love the seat. I hope this guy is still in business if I ever get another new bike.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 02:58 PM

Quote:
No, I was referred by the shop manager at the dealership that I usually do business. He did an alligator seat for the Bolt-R contest that Yamaha had, I believe it was, last year. He does really good work. Husband and wife team.

A Sweet Seat Home Page

The seat starts out kinda hard in the morning, but as it absorbs heat from my body, it basically makes a mold of my seat. The different densities of foam that he uses allows support and softness without going the whole way to the pan. It was worth the couple hundred dollars extra over the ultimate. I picked a two-tone/texture that really doesn't show up in the picture. Love the seat. I hope this guy is still in business if I ever get another new bike.
Thanks for the info. Wonder if he can make them even if I am not local. I'll have to get in touch with him.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TShoot View Post
Thanks for the info. Wonder if he can make them even if I am not local. I'll have to get in touch with him.
I believe his name is Brian and very easy to work with. He seems to know his stuff. The workmanship on my seat is exemplary. He's a talker. My wife and I went down to have the seats fitted and he spent a good hour working on us while on the bike. For the rest of the 2 hours that I was there, we talked about everything motorcycle related and then some. Very personable.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 02:21 PM

Quote:
I believe his name is Brian and very easy to work with. He seems to know his stuff. The workmanship on my seat is exemplary. He's a talker. My wife and I went down to have the seats fitted and he spent a good hour working on us while on the bike. For the rest of the 2 hours that I was there, we talked about everything motorcycle related and then some. Very personable.
Sounds like my kind of person.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 11:28 AM Thread Starter

After trying out the Lowrider Ultimate, it didn't work for me. I was going to try the midrider, but once my wife took a ride on the back, she prefers the mustang passenger seat we had on our old bike, so that sealed the deal. Returning both ultimates and going back to Mustang. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. But I will say, ultimate seats has the best customer service I've ever dealt with, and because of this, I'm sad that the seats didn't work out.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2016, 09:01 PM

Garage
Padded passenger seat with rider backrest

I put this extra thick passenger seat with rider backrest on Ghost, much better for longer trips. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	60081

Ride what fits you, and what you enjoy. Forget about acting macho, to impress your friends or some cute girl.

I ride a 2006 Yamaha Roadliner because it's what fits me, is fast when I want and need it to be, and it makes me feel whole.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode