Vance and Hines 2 into 1 and the PowrPro Black fuel controller - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Vance and Hines 2 into 1 and the PowrPro Black fuel controller

I had the Vance and Hines full exhaust system along with the Cobra PowrPro Black fuel management controller installed on my 013 Strat. Was called from the shop and told there was a "Code 39" when the key was first turned on and a check engine light on while it was running. Because this is supposed to be "plug and Play" they told me that it would not hurt it to run it and see if it corrected itself. Well it did NOT! So online I go and find that Cobra has had some issues with these units and to start a warranty statement with them. I did then Andre wrote back and asked for my info,copy of the reciept, address, phone # and the part number. Make sure you give him the Cobra part number. I sent him several pics of my receipt but kept sending him the PN from the shop that did the work, you will find the Cobra Part number on the sticker of the box that the unit comes in,(my shop gave all of that to me). Rick called me within days and said one was on its way. Boom you take out the old board and install the new one and send the old one back. Problem solved. Bike sounds great, runs great and now I can upgrade my airbox/ whatever and it does not have to be Dyno'd. Thanks Andre and Rick from Cobra for taking care of the situation.

Sincerly, Mental
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode