Want to Trade Exhaust? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2009, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Want to Trade Exhaust?

I bought my '06 Stratoliner S used about 10 months ago and just can't get use to these DG Hardkrome Straight 3" pipes. They are GREAT LOOKING but just a bit on the loud side for my taste. The bike also came with a PowerCommander III USB installed. I had it tuned and gained a full 11 horse power which is a HUGE boost.

I'd be willing to trade both (over $1000 value) for the parts it would take to put my STRAT exhaust system back to stock.

I live in west-central Texas. If interested send e-mail to [email protected].

Thanks

Jerry

Last edited by Gold Rush; 10-13-2009 at 03:04 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:03 AM

Jerry,
Have you been able to find an exhaust system ?
I have an 06 Roadliner stock exhaust.
Also have my own power commander with Vance Hines pipes.
I would be willing to sell the stock pipes for $500
If you are interested
Captain Ron
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-25-2009, 06:03 AM Thread Starter

Hey Ron,

Sent you an e-mail. Did you get it??? If not the cyber trap has it on hold. Let me know please...

Thanks.

Jerry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-31-2009, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Hey Ron,

I sent you another e-mail the other day. Did you get it?. Shoot me a quick reply if you would just so I know....

Thanks

Jerry
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Well I guess Ron wasn't as serious about selling as he led me to believe... Won't even try to get inside his head....

Here's the deal -- I'd like to go back to fully stock exhaust. To do so I need the complete exhaust and brackets from engine back. Also need the two control cables that run between the EXUP valve on the exhaust and the EXUP servo motor under the seat.

If you've replaced your stock system with one of the complete aftermarket systems and have all this hardware laying around here's your chance to recover some of the hard earned cash it took to buy the new tubes. Shoot me an e-mail and I'll get back to you PDQ.

Last edited by Gold Rush; 11-02-2009 at 03:08 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-02-2009, 04:23 PM

stock exhaust

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stock...Q5fAccessories

I see this one on E Bay.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

THANKS DAVE!!!

That's exactly what I'm looking for.... Don't know beans about e-bay but I guess I will find out... Talked to the owner and everything seems to be there so I'll see what happens.

Thanks Again.

Jerry
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-09-2009, 05:36 AM

I have a stock exhaust in the shop with less than 1200 miles on it. Comes with exhaust valve cables and even the small heat shields around the mount bolts. $100, you pay the ship.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-04-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Sorry.... I've been ignoring the computer of late..... The holidays seem to consume more hours then I have to spare. Now hopefully I will have time to stay active...

$100 for the complete set up is an AWESOME price. Unfortunately I bought the ones on e-bay. Had to pay a little more then that but they are absolute cherry. Only had a few hundred miles on them....

I've spent the last few days pulling the bike apart to check valve adjustments, spark plugs, etc. Now I'm about half way back together... Will put the stock pipes on and sell the drag pipes.

Does anyone know someone wanting a really nice set of DG Hardkrome 3" big straights. Here's the web site... http://www.hardkrome.com/pages/produ...5291&appid=191. Make me an offer... The tips have been scraped just a tiny bit but otherwise the pipes are in really good shape...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode