Fuel maps and questions - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Fuel maps and questions

Hello folks of Raider Land!

I've done the first service, installed a Power Commander and Cobra Dragster pipes on the new Raider.

I did notice significant improvement in fueling and running before the pipes, stock, just PC3 with stock map. DJ advised I use the map for the Cobra Swepts with stock air filter. Performance is still very good, with a definite sweet spot, but I feel that it feels like it takes a bit longer to hit the rev limiter...like it's having a bit of a harder time, and with more vibration. It does still hit the limiter, however. I'm just trying to gauge top to bottom fueling, and NOT beating on the engine. I've just done a few pulls in second or third. Nothing major.

Anyway, I've also noted that ALL of the Dynojet maps seem to be pulling a LOT of fuel out in the mid to upper ranges and throttle openings. Seems even MORE in some spots with aftermarket pipes and air filters. This seems contrary to logic and function. Is there a plce where people share their dyno runs and PC maps, PC3 and PCV?

Is the Raider set up THAT rich in open loop from the factory? With some of these numbers, I'd guess it's set up at 10-11:1 AFR...which would be too rich. I'd guess on this bike, max power is achieved at between 12.25 - 13:1 AFR?

Insights and experience from folks, if you will. I have a lot of experience tuning before, and I just find these maps a bit odd. They could be right...I'm just getting started with this bike.

Thanks,

Troy

Troy W.
2012 Kawasaki Z1000, orange and black. Delkevic CF mini slip-ons, Two Brothers Juice Box Pro with Ivan's map, Ivan's ECU re-flash, RhinoMoto bar ends with CRG Blindsight mirrors, K&N air filter, Ivan's air box mod.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:38 AM

I know this thread is old but I guess no one had any insight on this sight. I've tried joining the raider forum but get no response from the admins approval...like 3 times. Anyways I would like to hear some feedback as well, possibly a dyno map could be posted. I have the power commander 5 and cobra dragsters.

2005 Suzuki Katana 600-first street bike SOLD
2001 Suzuki GSXR 750- CRASHED
2006 Suzuki GSXR 750- adrenaline pumper SOLD
2009 Yamaha Raider- current bike loving it
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Banned

I have a '10 Raider with the PCV and the Dynojet maps stink. Read this thread. I think Ivan will have a solution for our bikes. If you can, hold tight.

https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=41433
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

I had that problem with the other Raider forum, too. Huh. I finally just re-registered, and got in. I actually asked Ivan about this very thing, and yes, like t84a said, he's working on stuff for the Raider. Put in a map for the Swepts, I think is what Dynojet told me. The big negative numbers Ivan said are actually right. They may not be all the way there, but yes, it appears this bike IS actually getting way too much fuel. Unfortunately for me, I got a bad Raider, and traded it for a new Kawasaki Z1000 back at the end of October. I've loved it so far, and just got the ECU back from Ivan. Believe me, you WANT to hold on for Ivan's work. The Z has been transformed by his ECU re-flash and fuel map. Amazing. I can only imagine how the Raider will benefit. Raider is a nice bike...mine kept leaking oil in places, and spent way too much time at the dealer(s).

Troy W.
2012 Kawasaki Z1000, orange and black. Delkevic CF mini slip-ons, Two Brothers Juice Box Pro with Ivan's map, Ivan's ECU re-flash, RhinoMoto bar ends with CRG Blindsight mirrors, K&N air filter, Ivan's air box mod.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 10:29 AM
Banned

Hey Troy. What was your screen name on RSR? I think I remember following your story. What it the push rod tubes or something?

I almost bought Z1000. I also looked at the Ninja 1000. In the end, I'm too old for those bikes. I ended up buying another FZ1. I would have loved the performance though. Kawasaki makes great performance bikes.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-05-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

Hey Ken...t84a...

I can't remember what my handle was there...lol! Could be TroyTali, or twinston, troyw maybe...I asked that my account be deleted, too, because it seemed some folks were getting ugly because I had to trade my Raider, but was still keeping up with discussions on growing numbers of problems with some Raiders. I had oil leaks develop at the valve cover gasket, and two by the push rods. Dealer would fix one, another sprout, brought to another dealer fixed, but not. On the way to the trade, it was leaking again. I spent a lot of time without the bike, so it was gone before too long. I ended up doing an even swap, and had to ride from Ellijay GA to Huntsville AL to get the deal done at one particular dealer. These folks were great, Seth at Cycle Nation in Huntsville took care of a lot of it. I'm not young either, but the Z fits my almost perfectly. Not like any "sport bike", naked or faired, that I've had over the many years or riding. It's actually physically smaller than my wife's R6. I don't ride crazy or anything. I just wanted a powerful, comfortable, RELIABLE bike...so far so good on the Kawasaki. I have actually never ridden a bike that charge so hard down even to 2k rpm...almost to idle. The bike is a monster...especially so after Ivan's ECU re-flash and map.

Troy W.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode