1700 RoadStar/2011 Raider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 11:35 AM Thread Starter

1700 RoadStar/2011 Raider

I'm thinking about trading in my 06 RS for a 2011 Raider. I liked them from day one when they came out. Need some feed back. Has anyone else made this move?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 05:36 AM
Banned

I hope you get to find a few on this site to chime in and offer some experiences or advice. I'm not one of the guys that have made that or similar bike class switch. One suggestion I have is to poke around on the Raider forums and see whats been posted there.
One comment from me is the biggest factor is the severity of the "itch" you have for owning one.
Good luck on your decision.

post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Garage
What A Bike

Have a look
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11ST_RaiderS_blk_S1_5e636be9.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	557   Click image for larger version

Name:	11ST_RaiderS_blu_S2_f08ec9b1.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	558   Click image for larger version

Name:	11STAR_RAID_S_Blu_A_022_1400f452.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	83.3 KB
ID:	559  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 07:27 PM

One of my good friends bought one the year they came out and we ride together all the time. The only reason I did not buy one is the fact that I needed little more comfortable bike for my wife as a passenger. I do ride his raider from time to time and my ONLY complaint is that the wider back tire takes away a little bit of handling. It's not bad , it's just not as good as my liner. In fact his Raider is what turned me on to the Roadliner. If you like the Raider it might be worth it to take a look at the Stryker too. It's a really nice looking bike. I don't think you would be disappointed with the switch.

SMELL MY FINGER

RED BIKE CLUB It's Lonely At The Top
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 02:40 PM Thread Starter

SwampStar

Well, I bought the Raider. I went ahead and had them but a small windshield, 2 into 1 Vance and Hines exhaust and the 240 rear tire. The rear tire is my only question. Does anyone else have one on their Raider. Give me to good with the bad.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-21-2011, 02:50 PM
Banned

I bet the 240 looks real nice on there too.
I had the Warrior and had the swing arm modified to fit a Metz 260 on it.
It will feel a little wierd at first but after 20 or 30 minutes of riding you won't feel any different. I liken it to the initial difference you first feel on a new bike. It didn't take me very long to start scraping pegs in the twisties.
The replacement cost is higher but I also got longer life out of it.

Last edited by stratowart; 01-21-2011 at 02:50 PM. Reason: 260 not 60
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter

New Raider

I picked up my new Raider and can't stop smiling. My RS was a nice bike but the Raider is a great bike. I picked it up on Thursday of last week and put 300 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a good weekend ride.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-02-2011, 02:51 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampStar View Post
I picked up my new Raider and can't stop smiling. My RS was a nice bike but the Raider is a great bike. I picked it up on Thursday of last week and put 300 miles on it so far. Looking forward to a good weekend ride.
pics. PICS.

i'm gonna implement a rule that anyone who announces a new bike or a major change to their bike cannot post again until they share bike pics with everyone. and for every day they make us wait for pics of their ride, someone's engine dies

Last edited by bevo1981; 02-05-2011 at 01:52 PM.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-05-2011, 09:54 AM

Funny BEVO...lol...
Ride Safe Swamp... I upgraded to the strat from my 06 R* Silverado. When I got slammed. I like them but like the bags and shield so went old man...lol... instead of the sporty Raider.
Enjoy.....Ride Safe...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Happiness

Well guys and gals,
I have been having my Raider for awhile now. I can't say enough good things about it. Last weekend was the first time I really took a long trip. We put 325 miles round trip in one day. The bike was great on the open road, back roads and in town. Really pleased that I made this choice. People are always coming up to me asking what kind of bike is that. I really get a chuckle when they say, thats a nice Harley. I tell them Thank You but its a Yamaha. Thanks to everyone for the advice before I bought this bike.

Happy Ridding and be safe!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode