Buying first Raider - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-20-2009, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1
Buying first Raider

I have a chance to buy my first Raider andwas wanting to know if they're anything I should know about these bikes. It is an 08 with 9000 miles and looks to be in great condition. Any advice would be appreciated.
gambler_m_99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3
I just bought a new Star Raider about 6 weeks ago and am completely addicted. I LOVE THIS BIKE!! I already have 900 miles on it and ride any chance I get. The center of gravity is very low, thus making it very easy to move around, the lengthened fork seems to make turning easier. I had a Suzuki Boulevard and thought I was a good rider, but I got better with the Raider. I was looking for a bigger bike than my 800cc but wasn't expecting to buy one that big (1900). My advise - if it is the right price, BUY IT!
Sandi Roush is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-01-2010, 09:38 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Kalispell, MT
Posts: 1
Go for it. I had a hot rodded Warrior, great bike, but after 10,000 miles on my Raider I never look back.

Less government = Less Taxes = More Freedom
gman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 06:34 AM
Junior Member
 
Plotiopolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 19
It's probably one of the easiest bikes out there to ride. The balance is impeccable. The power adicting, and the mileage per gallon quite livable. While there's not a lot of custom parts for it yet, there are enough to keep you content for a while. It loves living at 70 mph and acceleration from there, or anywhere is incredible. I'v yet to top mine out, but bursts to 90 mph are effortless. I think they will spank most other bikes like Harleys, and if not there's always 'the juice' ...lol.... really no need. If you can swing it, buy one, you will not be disappointed.

Slow awake, Fast asleep.
Plotiopolous is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Richmond VA
Posts: 12
Thumbs up

Bought ne the first of May, Bought another one last week. Two Raven Raiders in my stable, absolutly awsum. My VTX F is sueing for desertion!! Great bikes buy a raider!
Dshrek49 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Senior Member
 
KOBRA101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Davie, FL
Posts: 185
WOW!... all this dirty talk is making me want to look more into the Raider! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plotiopolous View Post
It's probably one of the easiest bikes out there to ride. The balance is impeccable. The power adicting, and the mileage per gallon quite livable. While there's not a lot of custom parts for it yet, there are enough to keep you content for a while. It loves living at 70 mph and acceleration from there, or anywhere is incredible. I'v yet to top mine out, but bursts to 90 mph are effortless. I think they will spank most other bikes like Harleys, and if not there's always 'the juice' ...lol.... really no need. If you can swing it, buy one, you will not be disappointed.

15 GRAND AND 15 MILES DOES'NT MAKE YOU A BIKER.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/61008833/Y...Service-Manual - A must for everyone the holy service manual..

*II[BLUE BIKE CLUB]II*


PAY UP
$$$$$
SUCKER
KOBRA101 is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Ocean City Maryland
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by gambler_m_99 View Post
I have a chance to buy my first Raider andwas wanting to know if they're anything I should know about these bikes. It is an 08 with 9000 miles and looks to be in great condition. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hello gambler-m-99;600.

I traded my 06 fz1 that ran low 10s in on a 2009 yamaha Raider with 4800 miles on it. I tell you this bike has massive torque, and will get up and roll. I dont miss the fz1 and I had it for 3 years with plenty of mods.

Fastbandit
fastbandit is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-12-2013, 11:23 PM
Super Moderator
 
bevo1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 12,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastbandit View Post
Hello gambler-m-99;600.

I traded my 06 fz1 that ran low 10s in on a 2009 yamaha Raider with 4800 miles on it. I tell you this bike has massive torque, and will get up and roll. I dont miss the fz1 and I had it for 3 years with plenty of mods.

Fastbandit

responding to someone who posted only once on the site, 4 years ago. i'm sure they'll get the message.


on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

bevo1981 is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 12:05 AM
Senior Member
 
Miescha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 2,503
Buying first Raider

I'm telling ya Beav, there needs to be a nice pop-up warning "OLD POST" when someone attempts to post to anything older than say, 6-months.

Hell, I can't remember what I did last week!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App






2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}


2006 V Star 1100 Classic
Miescha is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Super Moderator
 
bevo1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Austin
Posts: 12,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miescha View Post
I'm telling ya Beav, there needs to be a nice pop-up warning "OLD POST" when someone attempts to post to anything older than say, 6-months.
what's the fun in that?

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

bevo1981 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome