Wheel Paint Question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Wheel Paint Question

I just bought a 2014 Raider SCL, and I usually Change my own oil, but I was out of oil at home, and out on my bike, and a few miles overdue for my first (600 mi) service so I had the service department where I bought the bike change the oil. Their front wheel vice on their lift Chipped the paint on my front wheel, same exact spot both sides of the wheel. Of course they deny it was their fault, and claim it must be road damage from my 600 or so miles ridden so far. (I have over 15,000 miles on my raven Stryker with not a hint of similar damage) Long story short, I will have to fix the chipped paint myself, or replace the wheel. I cannot find a paint code for the 2014 Raider SCL wheel, but I have the 2011 Stryker in black, and The wheel paint looks the same. I found the paint repair kit for that paint code, can anyone verify that the paint is the same on the wheels of the 2014 SCL Raider and the 2011 Stryker Raven? alternatively does anyone have an idea where to find a parts list for the 2014 SCL raider? I tried the star website but they did not have parts diagrams for the 2014 SCL. I need the wheel part number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-08-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

Found the wheel part number - 5C7-25168-11-33

$559.00 awesome... Looks like Ill be going to small claims! yay!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 07:55 PM

Id have them put the bike on their table and prove it WASNT them
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 04:21 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken448 View Post
Id have them put the bike on their table and prove it WASNT them
I'd love to, and they would just refuse. F--- them anyway, they will never TOUCH my bike again.. I usually do all my own maintenance and stuff anyway. I was going to take them to small claims, but unfortunately all I have is circumstantial evidence and a judge will not decide in my favor. I will just lose more money in the process without an actual piece of hard evidence that it occurred there. It would be nice if they would just own up to it like real men, but they are shallow pieces of Sh*t.

I found a professional factory touch-up kit for about $40 that comes with all the correct Factory paint and primer, and I'll just fix it myself.

Scumbags........
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 07:04 AM

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomvaillencourt View Post
I'd love to, and they would just refuse. F--- them anyway, they will never TOUCH my bike again.. I usually do all my own maintenance and stuff anyway. I was going to take them to small claims, but unfortunately all I have is circumstantial evidence and a judge will not decide in my favor. I will just lose more money in the process without an actual piece of hard evidence that it occurred there. It would be nice if they would just own up to it like real men, but they are shallow pieces of Sh*t.

I found a professional factory touch-up kit for about $40 that comes with all the correct Factory paint and primer, and I'll just fix it myself.

Scumbags........
I'm with you. I had a terrible experience at 2 sister locations of a motorcycle shop around here. I had a service maintenance contract and was trying to keep my cool, as I have a tendency to overreact. Eventually I channeled my energy into a well-written business letter threatening legal action if my situation wasn't satisfactorily resolved post haste. The subtext of those "friendly threats" is always that I will broadcast my distaste to every Internet forum and rider group that would listen.

Rather than deal with the potential fallout of that, they chose to resolve the situation. Given that you've already pretty much decided to lick your wounds and move on, writing a similar letter can't hurt. They might prefer to fix your rim, than to deal with bad reviews and a potential lawsuit, even if you think you won't win.

Good luck, that sucks. Fortunately for me I ended up finding another closer shop who I am establishing a trust relationship with. They told me my splines were looking bad when I went to get the tire replaced on my 650. I was bracing for the worst when they revealed that it would cost me a whopping $10 to grease them up while the wheel was off. I clutched my pearls and almost fainted!

Ben C - Cary, NC

2001 XV1600A Road Star

2003 XVS650A V Star Classic
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-04-2014, 10:10 AM

I would have to agree with at least trying to reason with them. Maybe go have a sit down with the owner/manager and explain the situation. I'm sure that it wasn't done intentionally. Maybe explain to him if they would be so kind to place your bike on the clamp just for reference. That would clearly show if it was possible that the clamp did the damage. Let him know if it shows there was no way the clamp did the damage you will leave them alone. If it shows that the clamp could have damaged the wheel and he refuses to repair your wheel then just make sure everyone on the web knows exactly where the shop is and extreme detail of how they screwed you and refused to stand behind it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode