Obd ii - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

Obd ii

Wondering if the Raider has a OBD II or similar. Reason being, I am considering an onboard PC to display real-time engine perimeters, such as RPM, engine temp, and oil press/temp.

I have the PC already in development. I just need to establish if there is a way to source this info from the bike some how. I will also need to find software that runs under LINUX. PC has wifi, HDMI out, 2 USB2 ports, and only requires 5v. It will be small enough that it can mount under the headlight. I think this would be the optimal spot because of the cooling it would receive.
One other thing I have to find, is a 7" LCD touch screen that is weather proof. This PC will also have the potential for BT connectivity.

I find it hard to believe Yamaha decided we dont need a tach on this great bike.

Is this possible, or do I smoke too much weed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

BUMP

Nobody here knows if this is possible? I am willing to share and post a build log if this comes to light.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Banned

I looked into putting a temp gauge on mine. I would say that it is not possible. The ECU has some of this info but not in an accessible way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2014, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by t84a View Post
I looked into putting a temp gauge on mine. I would say that it is not possible. The ECU has some of this info but not in an accessible way.
Thanks for the reply. That is shitty if true. Too bad, because this project would have been sweet. Would have had custom navigation as well as BT and wifi connectivity. Was going to use a Raspberry Pi for the PC (I have two of them). It should have lots of balls to do what I wanted, and is only the size of a credit card.

EDIT: Just came across this. Any idea if same? http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...,d.cGU&cad=rja

Last edited by xmanrigger; 07-10-2014 at 04:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode