HR Slimbags by Hardstreet - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

HR Slimbags by Hardstreet

Has anyone installed HR Slimbags by Hardstreet on a Raider?
https://www.yamahapartsandaccessorie...2|12&f=2012|49

I installed the bags ordered from Yamaha as well as the mounting kit. I think I was given the wrong mounting kit as the bags dont fit. There is a huge gap between the bags and the fender/bike. I followed instructions to the letter, but they look like something randomly bolted onto the bike. I was hoping for a nice close fit as these bags are sold by STAR for the Raider. I cant imagine anybody actually using these bags if this is the way they are supposed to fit.
Furthermore, they are tiny. I was expecting much bigger bags. My jacket wont even fit inside. Also, the seem super cheap. I was scared I was going to break the bag off trying to stuff my jacket inside. For $1374.00 (bags, taxes and mounting kit), I would expect a custom fit and at least some quality. They have an American flag sticker inside indicating they were made in the US, but I have seen much higher quality come from China.

Very disappointed with them. Here are pictures of one bag mounted. After seeing this, I didnt bother unwrapping the other. I took it back off and packed it up to return to Yamaha.

Did they give me the wrong mounting kit?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Label on box that bags came in:
[IMG][/IMG]

The label from mounting kit:
[IMG][/IMG]

Not sure why last 2 pics upside down.

EDIT:
This is a pic I got from the net showing the mounts I was given:
[IMG][/IMG]

This is the mounting bracket for the 2012 Raider shown in STAR website. This is not the same as what came in my kit.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by xmanrigger; 07-18-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2014, 06:01 PM

From the looks of it I hope they gave you the wrong mounting kit. They look like they are designed to fit a lot closer to the bike.

87' 1100 Sportster (caffeine runner)
05' 1100 Custom Midnight Edition
07' 1300 V Star Tourer
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 02:45 PM Thread Starter

Starting to get really pissed off over these bags. Nobody from Yamaha will address my issue. Any post I make to Yamaha FB gets deleted immediately.

Anyone know how to contact Yamaha? The dealer here doesnt seem to be interested in helping me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2014, 02:54 PM

Yamaha customer service its an 800 number for customer care. They have taken care of me before with stupid issues about a yamaha pro dealer being retarded before. Got some warranty stuff taken care of at my local shop at his rate vs the local yammy shop that was way over charging.

2007 V star 1100 Classic flat black bagger.

SOLD 1999 Bobber https://www.starbikeforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=39129

2002 Roadstar Midnight.
Currently bone stock going to be a bitchin bagger in progress. Already at the shop gettting a custom 2 into 1 exhaust.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-05-2014, 12:59 PM

Harsdtreet Slim Bags

I attached a pic of mine that I had installed on my 09 Warrior with the black multi fit brackets shown in your original post. They definitely did not provide you with those brackets.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hardstreet.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	90.5 KB
ID:	35761  

dthom74
2013 Raider Raven
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode