Performance Air Box Shim Kit - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2012, 08:57 AM Thread Starter

Performance Air Box Shim Kit

Hi all, I own a 2007 Stratoliner S and i wanted more performance from it. i came up with a way to do this without ruining any stock parts and it utilizes the OEM design. No Noisy POD filters and No Oil spewing everywhere. It raises the top cover of the air box so it is equal to the air filter size. i have sold a few kits and i did a part look up online and i think the Raider has the exact same air box. you too could benefit from this inexpensive air box mod. this kit was designed to raise the air box lid and because the gas tank fits like a glove around the air box the kit lifts the tank as well. i do not own a Raider so i don't know if the tank spacers in this kit will work for a Raider and i'm not positive if the air box is identical. i did a look up on Babbits and they show the same part number for both bikes. this kit is made from premium materials and is made in the USA. Like i say i'm not sure about the tank raising hardware in the kit working on a raider BUT if the lid is the same you still get the shim and the proper screws to account for the spacer thickness increase and they are the same threads as the stock screws so you don't ruin anything. That is the key to this upgrade. you don't ruin one single thing on your bike. If you don't like it take it off and throw it on the ground. put the original screws back in and your done. I also wanted to make this as inexpensive as possible because i hate buying things for my bike and you drop $200.00 in a flash. I am selling this kit for 75.00 + shipping ($3.50 typically). here is something that can actually do something for you and it is less than $100.00 and should last the life of your bike. As you can see from the attached pic's i have one installed on my Stratoliner. That's how this all started. I wanted more from my bike just like everyone else. I have a thread on the Stratoliner Roadliner forum for this. i have gotten very good feedback on this product. It is made from 3/8" thick rubber and precisely cut on a water jet machine. the shims have nylon spacers in it so the air box lid can't be over tightened so tight you warp the lid and squish the shims. I made a prototype set for my bike and found out all the things that adversely affect this modification and made these to work with out damage yet provide a kick in the pants and a good bang for the buck. Like i say the real beauty is you still have all the proper crankcase ventilation hook ups and vacuum hook ups to make your bike run like it should. If you are interested in this, email me at [email protected] i can send you more pic's or info. People have been buying these and paying with Paypal. i have been shipping within 2 days for the most part. i have 4 kits left. you should do a little research yourself to verify if the Stratoliner/Roadliner air box is the same. I would think it would be as Yamaha could save a bunch of money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 100_0844.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1706   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 100_0851.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	92.1 KB
ID:	1707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Copy of 100_0839.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1708  

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
Totaled out on 8/14/17 at 69,985 miles.
She was Bad Ass, It has cool Brain stuff in it.
K&N, BAM, BRA Mod (only one on the planet),
Stock 2:1 header pipe and Roadhouse Slip-on muffler
I loved my Strat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

Shim kit fits Raider

Hi all, the shim kit fits the Raiders. sold a couple to Raider owners and they worked great. i didn't get feed back on the tank raising but it might be they don't need it. One guy had his dyno'ed with and without the shim kit. he made 5 hp and 5 Tq just from the shim kit.
here is a link to the eBay add.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200770721084...#ht_502wt_1185

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
I loved my Strat
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-22-2012, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Brains Air box Mod becoming the hot thing to have.

Hello Raider owners. I have sold many of my kits to raider owners. they have given me great feedback. they say this kit is the perfect power adder for the Raiders. Inexpensive and they are gaining as much power as the higher priced POD filter systems out there. I have had at least 4 people that took there BAK off and re-installed the stock air box with my shim kit. they say the stock air box is far quieter and they have no loss of power. their motors stay cleaner and over all they are very happy with my kit. Many are happy because they didn't need to buy the fuel processor as well. this works with the stock O2 sensor so your bike will run top notch no matter what when is stock condition. with no other changes (stock exhaust, exup hooked up, just add shim kit) they are gaining 3 hp. change the exhaust and they gain 5 hp from the shim kit. its all about processing air so the better your bike can breath the better it will run. fuel efficiency is also increased as the bike is no longer choked off by the too small air inlets. Once people realize the savings and the power potential they snap these kits right up. If you are interested just do a google search for "brains air box mod" and you should be able to find what you need.

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
I loved my Strat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:20 AM Thread Starter

Selling internationally

Hi All, just updating this post a little. I decided to try and ship internationally. i was a little worried about the shipping but it turned out that i can ship pretty much anywhere for $14.60 USD so it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it would be. i was thinking $50.00 and that's nearly as much as the kit itself. I am hoping to reach a far bigger market than here in the states. there looks to be a lot of these bikes in Europe and Asia. I just sold a kit to a person in Finland so this will be my first international order. Yippee!!

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
I loved my Strat
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2012, 01:34 AM

Still selling them?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 09:13 AM Thread Starter

Oh yeah, still selling them

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrft2003 View Post
Still selling them?

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Motorcycle.com Free App
Oh yeah, still selling them. i just got another 40 of them made up.
do a search on ebay. brains air box mod.

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
I loved my Strat
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 PM Thread Starter

Raider update

I had some help from a couple Raider owners on how the shim kit works with the tank. As it turns out YOU DO NOT NEED TO RAISE THE TANK ON RAIDERS! the shim kit works great and the tank doesn't touch. there is about a 1/4" clearance. there are also wire's that run across the top of the air box that are not there on the liners. Since i'm a liner owner i had no clue that they were there. anyway, i am giving a 5.00 dollar discount if you order for a Raider. I don't need to put all the spacers and longer bolts in. The shim kit works better for the Raider than the liners! LOL. if you guys see this and you are interested, please visit ebay.

R.I.P
2007 Stratoliner "S"
I loved my Strat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode