Bullet fairing on my Raider. - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

Bullet fairing on my Raider.

So, since apparently no one makes a fairing and bracket kit for the Raider, (and I really wanted one), I decided to do it myself. Bought a fairing for a VTX and made the brackets myself. Dont like the way the brackets came out, so tommorow Ill be breaking out the plasma and welder at a buddys shop and starting over. I do like the way it looks on the bike, picked up paint yesterday and will paint it later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0091.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1758  

2009 Raider, Cobra Swept Pipes, Cobra Fuel Commander, Memphis Shades bullet fairing. Trying to wear out the rear so I can throw a 240 on it!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 PM Thread Starter

Another one. Not a great pic, sorry.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0093.jpg
Views:	660
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1759  

2009 Raider, Cobra Swept Pipes, Cobra Fuel Commander, Memphis Shades bullet fairing. Trying to wear out the rear so I can throw a 240 on it!!!!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 09:40 AM

Good looking fairing. I'd like to find something similar for my V-Star Custom. Hopefully brackets will be easier to find!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-07-2012, 02:49 PM Thread Starter

Thanks. If Im right ( I seldom am, lol) they do make a kit for V-stars.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

Got the new brackets finished tonight, turned out really well if I do say so my self!!! Gotta give a big thanks to a guy at the dealership, I was in there monday getting a few ideas off a couple bikes and told him i needed some brackets for the forks, he took me into the back and let me scrounge through some old parts boxes and found a used set of clamps!!!!!! Ill throw up some pics tmw and after i paint it. only took about a total of 6 hours.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Side view.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0096.jpg
Views:	635
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1784  

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-12-2012, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Painted it this morning, turned out good. Need to find someone to pinstrip some flames to go along with the tank and rear fender.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0098.jpg
Views:	741
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	1805  

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:30 PM

Who makes this bullet fairing and why not the use the Stryker version from Memphis Shades, I would think it would take less adapting? How does it work--what part of airflow is it changing (head, body)?
Thanks.

2009 Raider S Raven new 2009 on 7/28/12 with 0 miles.
Fixed backrest, drilled exhaust, upgraded Ultrastar bulb, Model 30 LED spot driving lights, Wolo 619 Big Bad Max airhorn, and a LoJack I am hoping to never use.

Mistakes are Forever, Forgiveness is Longer.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-05-2012, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

Its from Memphis Shades, the only reason I picked the VTX version is because of the size. It works pretty well with keeping the wind off my chest, still get a little in the face riding solo, when my wife is riding with me I get alot more wind in my face, dont know why, maybe the extra weight is changing the angle just enough to not devert it over my head.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Looks great Tice!

🇺🇸 Ride your own ride. 🇺🇸

'07 Stratoliner Quicksilver in color. Bone stock.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode