1900 - How Fast??? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

1900 - How Fast???

So, how fast have you ridden your Raider 1900?

I'm looking at purchasing a large V-twin cruiser, and top end is a consideration.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:01 AM

Just curious. Why do you want to ride a cruiser so fast? If speed is important, wouldn't a sport bike be a better option?
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 05:15 AM

I don't know about the 1900, but my 1300 will break 100 before shifting into 4th gear. That pretty much takes care of all the speed limits in the US.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBike View Post
So, how fast have you ridden your Raider 1900?

I'm looking at purchasing a large V-twin cruiser, and top end is a consideration.

Thanks!
you going racing or something?

2006 V-Star 1100 Classic
Completely debadged
Silverado windshield and passing lamps
Floorboard extensions
OE Highway bar with custom mounting brackets
Kuryakyn Dually ISO Highways pegs
Kuryakyn grips
Passenger floorboards
Barons Nasty Boy Slip-ons
Maxair pods
Mustang seats
Kuryakyn led headlight halo
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yama View Post
Just curious. Why do you want to ride a cruiser so fast? If speed is important, wouldn't a sport bike be a better option?
The riding position of a sport bike is way to uncomfortable.

95% of my riding is cruising or commuting, but every now and then a guy just has the need to do 110...Or at least I do.
Hummvee854 and Hummvee854 like this.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The riding position of a sport bike is way to uncomfortable.

95% of my riding is cruising or commuting, but every now and then a guy just has the need to do 110...Or at least I do.
In the class, big fat cruisers, Strats, Raiders, they're pretty good. 100-110 is no problem. Past that, it's getting silly. I've heard 125-130 but not sure they were stock.

They're torque machines, not fast at all, except in relation to other cruisers. You'll be about equal to a stock HD Screaming Eagle. A little better but not much. You'll never lose to a stock SE getting to 100. Well, you might but it won't be the bikes fault.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
In the class, big fat cruisers, Strats, Raiders, they're pretty good. 100-110 is no problem. Past that, it's getting silly. I've heard 125-130 but not sure they were stock.

They're torque machines, not fast at all, except in relation to other cruisers. You'll be about equal to a stock HD Screaming Eagle. A little better but not much. You'll never lose to a stock SE getting to 100. Well, you might but it won't be the bikes fault.
Thanks Larry, that's kind of what I figured.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Thanks Larry, that's kind of what I figured.
You're welcome.

If you're just looking for a generic occasional high, going 100 or so, the 1900 does a nice job of sounding good, feeling good, power applied.

If you gotta have that 'pretty damn fast' thing every once in awhile, sport bike RIGHT now fast, it won't do.

To further elaborate, because that's what I do, I came off a Hyabusa and chose my Strat because I wanted a cruiser and it was the only bike I road in that class that didn't feel like mud, except for a HD SE that has that bang for the buck as well. Mind you, it's not even in the same book of fast let alone chapter. The Busa is time machine fast, RIGHT NOW.

That said, the Strat had the best combination; fast enough, big enough, stable enough ( I skipped a Concours I liked because it wasn't very stable at speed on the highway) wants to lay into corners enough, etc, etc for me.

THAT said, if they'd add 6th and cruise control, I'd be happy.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-15-2015, 01:55 PM
Banned

Yamaha manages top speed by dropping the rev limit from 5800 to 5200 in 4th and 5th gears. While the 1900 is impressive right out of the box, adding Ivan's ECU flash, pipes, Ivan's air flow mod, and a Power Commander, and you'll have exactly what you want. Ivan sets the rev limit to 5850 on all gears. Ivan used my Raider to develop the flash for the Raider. He owns a Stratoliner and used his for the Strat.

Go to www.ivansperformanceproducts.com
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 08-05-2015, 10:11 PM

On my 09 Raider s with cobra pipes K&N air filter and cobra Fri200 tuner I could get to 125 but you don't want to keep it there for a long period of time. handles ok but any quick manuver and you could be in trouble quick.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode