Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

Tsukayu Patrol Hard saddlebags?

9K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  lbarabasz 
#1 ·
Hi To All;

I'm looking to get a set of Tsukayu Patrol hard saddle bags for my V Star Classic 1100, does anyone have these? If so please post pictures.

I'm also interested in any other suggestions for Hard saddlebags for the V Star Classic 1100 - would love to see pictures?

Thanks to everyone who views/responds

Paul

#3 ·
Thanks MacVstar1100;

Those bags look great but I just love the classic, hard lines of the Patrol Bags (they look like Harley Bagger bags): http://www.tsukayu.com/Patrol.htm

As for the work before painting, I think I'll just bite the bullet and pay the extra $450 for sanding, Priming and color matching - it'll make the bags over a $1000 which is hard to swallow, but I do REALLY like the look of them. I just want to see them on a Vstar with stock pipes before I finalize my decision.

Thanks

#7 ·
Hi 342lx

Thanks for the response - do you own a V Star Classic 1100? I would love to see pics of the bags on your bike. I'm looking to get a set color matched from the factory.

I guess the bags got scuffed in the wreck? How did they stand up to damage?

Thanks

Paul

#8 · (Edited)
just scuffed, high sided about 25 mph on blue ridge parkway. Held up real nice. They are on a 2009 1100 classic. Don't get the predrilled holes. they mount to high and forward and will hit the seat. I'll see if I can get a better picture tomorrow. I have added a bunch of stuff to the bike. Sideburners, fairing decal, pinstrip, speedo visor, lay down plate, leds, removed trunk, changed mirrors, added chrome tips on the fenders. Won first place in the lat show I entered.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Hi 342lx;

Thanks for the advice on the bag mount kit - do they even mount high on the stock 2 into 2 pipes with the bike specific kit?

Your bike looks very sharp, I love the pipe you have on it - what is that? Thanks for providing pictures.

Did you get the universal mounting kit then? If so how easy are the bags to install?

Thanks again;

Paul

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.