Need Help Dialing In Fuel Processor... - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-07-2017, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

Need Help Dialing In Fuel Processor...

I bought a new (leftover) 2014 1300 Tourer.

Before I took possession of it, I had a Cobra Fuel Processor & Cobra slip on muffler installed.
Though I never checked the actual mileage, my fuel lite would come on between 114 & 117 miles.
I asked in a couple forums about this, and they wanted to know where the FP was set. (1-3-1)

A gentleman responded that that was what his was set at, with the same set-up plus a Cobra PowerFlo intake.

Well, I had a Cobra PowerFlo installed last week (It had already been ordered).

So, I figure I'm all set. WRONG! Set the FP to 1-3-1, the bike has all the pickup of an 18 wheeler.

My FP is now set at 1-4-2.

I'd like to know if that sounds correct.

It pulls well at WOT, but throttle response seems to lag if I'm not at or near the very top of the rev range of whatever gear I'm in.

Also, going up moderate inclines it reverts to the !8 wheeler mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

EDIT: my Bad. The FP is set at 1-4-2.

2014 1300 Tourer. Cobra Fuel Processor, Cobra Slip-On Muffler, Lindby Multi-Bar,
Cobra PowerFlo, Yamaha Lightbar, Wolo Big Boy. Bag Guards & Trim Rails ED Seat

Last edited by arby; 06-07-2017 at 08:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 07:12 PM

Garage
Just wondering ..what gear are you in when you say it pulls like an 18wheeler up hill.. I have the cobra slashdowns and cobra air intake and i had the Cobra FI2000r-O2 on mine and never seemed to have that issue unless i was in too high of a gear.. I used to seem to always overshift when i first was getting used to the bike.

My FI2000r was set at 1.5 - 4.5-2 when all was said and done.. it idled a little higher but otherwise seemed to run solid.

Now there are variances in the Fuel processors.. so a little wiggle on the numbers can happen.

Have you check your spark plugs to see if they are gapped properly.. I never trust fresh from the box or "there NEW" comments. Over gap or under gapped will kill power and foul the plugs quickly..

Do you have the O2 model FI2000r ?? if not than you need to disconnect the O2 sensor or your ecu will be fighting the FMS and fouling plugs and hurting the power.

FYI I averaged about 130 - 140 miles before reserve light with my setup. and that was averaging about 85mph on the highway .

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-14-2018, 07:23 PM

Garage
Unhappy OOOPss raised the dead ..

Just looked at when this was originally posted.. hope it got solved.. sorry for bringing the dead post back..

Mark

2008 Vstar 1300a - Cobra Fi2000r (removed)- Ivan's ECU Tune - Cobra slashdown pipes- Cobra air cleaner - Memphis batwing 9" spoiler windshield - Shark Audio speakers - Pyle amplifier - Baron Custom Accessories RSTD Handlebar - Lindby Custom Multibar Highway - Tsukayu hard saddle bags - accessory 12v lighter plug - LED driving lights - switchback LED front signals.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2018, 10:06 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arby View Post
I bought a new (leftover) 2014 1300 Tourer.

Before I took possession of it, I had a Cobra Fuel Processor & Cobra slip on muffler installed.
Though I never checked the actual mileage, my fuel lite would come on between 114 & 117 miles.
I asked in a couple forums about this, and they wanted to know where the FP was set. (1-3-1)

A gentleman responded that that was what his was set at, with the same set-up plus a Cobra PowerFlo intake.

Well, I had a Cobra PowerFlo installed last week (It had already been ordered).

So, I figure I'm all set. WRONG! Set the FP to 1-3-1, the bike has all the pickup of an 18 wheeler.

My FP is now set at 1-4-2.

I'd like to know if that sounds correct.

It pulls well at WOT, but throttle response seems to lag if I'm not at or near the very top of the rev range of whatever gear I'm in.

Also, going up moderate inclines it reverts to the !8 wheeler mode.

Any help is appreciated.

Rick

EDIT: my Bad. The FP is set at 1-4-2.

Arby did you get the instructions for the FP when you got the bike? Some of the settings you have to experiment with. You may also call Cobras tech support line. Iíve found them quite helpful, just a suggestion. Keep us updated on your progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode