Need a little help with FI 2000 install - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Dabluz
  • 1 Post By Digger

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Need a little help with FI 2000 install

How’s it going everyone? I have a 2014 950 and have some terrible popping on decel. Stock air box, v&h slip on exhaust. I was looking at the FI2000R O2 fms and I can’t seem to find any good install instructions. Lots of videos but not for this year and everything seems to be different that what I’m seeing in the video. Could anyone who has installed it on a 2014 help me out?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:17 AM
KCW

Garage
I have not put V&H on my bike, but what you are seeing is pretty common with aftermarket exhaust.

Others will jump in and comment, I think you are going to need to back out the Pilot Main Screws (PMS) a bit to get a little more fuel.

You should not need to change the jet size unless you put on an aftermarket air intake.

On a fuel injected bike you would have to adjust the tuning.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator

the previous post looks like it was meant for a different thread.

first off, anything done to a 950 is the same no matter which model year. the only difference between years has been the color schemes. your main install instructions will be figuring out how to lift up and/or move your tank to get to the fuel injector connections. this isn't too difficult to do on paper, but they are in a very difficult to reach position which makes it harder for anyone with large hands. then you plug into your exhaust's O2 sensor connection on the tailpipe. the below video shows the install of a power commander which demonstrates these very same steps, but you can ignore pretty much everything else it shows as it will not apply to the Cobra fi2000 unit. i couldn't find one specifically for this product on this bike. also, you don't have to completely remove your gas tank. i did this install by propping up a piece of wood between the front part of the tank and the bike.

on a steel horse I ride
i create motorcycle videos. check them out here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 08:22 PM

Garage
I have yet to run across a motorcycle that ran perfectly after someone wanted it to make more noise.
Diogenes415 likes this.

1999 V-Star 650 Classic
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 12:18 AM

Garage
I have a 2013 950 with the FI2000 and Vance & Hines slip on exhaust. Install was fairly easy and I'm not mechanically inclined. The most difficult part was connecting to the injectors under the tank. There are 3 pots to adjust on the tuner, the default settings are: Green 2.5, Yellow 6, and Red 3. I highly recommend also getting the Cobra air intake. It will give you more power.
Mrdub likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:56 PM Thread Starter

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone. After digging around more on the bike I found all the connections I’ll need to make. You’re right about that rear injector, it’s in a terrible spot to reach. Thanks again for help. A new air cleaner is on the list for the next upgrade!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-29-2018, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

[QUOTE=Dabluz;963980]I have yet to run across a motorcycle that ran perfectly after someone wanted it to make more noise.

Appreciate your opinion, but I have never had an issue after making it make more “noise”. To each his own my friend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode