CarbMate synchronize - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-05-2014, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

CarbMate synchronize

Has anyone used one of these units? I have both carb and FI bikes. I synced the carbs in the spring, and am thinking about my FI sync. Looking for feed back pros or cons. Or even if there is other units out there. I have a couple friends wanting there bikes done as well, I'M thinking this unit will be easier to do both.

87' 1100 Sportster (caffeine runner)
05' 1100 Custom Midnight Edition
07' 1300 V Star Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
When I did my carbs and intake boots earlier in 2014 I made my Carb sync tool from the parts list shown on the CC&D forum.
A ruler, hoses and some vacuum tee's. I used 2 stroke oil in mine.
worked like a charm after getting to oil level correct in the hoses.

It seems you can add a good bit of oil to this. NOT you only need to put maybe 2 to 4 ozs in thats it.

As far as stabile readings goes it was a little tricky. Adjust, wait, blip throttle , adjust, wait, repeat...

I had preplumbed my intake with all the hoses so I could ride the bike
until fully warmed and then hook up the assembly without burning your hands up. coat hanger on the left handlebar hold the unit nicely.
The sync adjustment is very finicky. A little gnats aass turn of the adjuster can send it wildly out of sync. So it takes some trial and error.

jake

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 05:09 PM

Here you go. About 98% off the price you'll pay for a CarbMate.

http://www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-17-2015, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Location: Apopka Florida, a twist in the road just northwest of Orlando Florida My home for over 30 years
Garage
Yes Sparkn, Thats exactly what mine is like. With some larger OD hose and the vacuum tee's. I keep it hanging in the laundry room for
when it comes time to check the balance of things.

So far bike is running like a scalded dog.

2000 Vstar 650 Classic , Firethorn orange Metal flake Urethane, OEM tall Windshield, 47 Harley Tail light mod, progressive springs, hard bags painted to match w/chr. bullet accents Custom Modified rear rack/backrest, Cobra Modified exhaust w/ chrome Pencil tips, Hyper charger kit,
PRV 15, Riser mounted speakers, Chrome levers,Fringe grips, studded Leather bib with pocket, Billet Oil filter relocation kit , 3.5 PMS w/ stock pilots, mains- 122.5, Custom billet t signals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode