Star tron fuel management - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Star tron fuel management

I want to know more about Startron fuel management. Has anyone used this product? I hear it's to get rid of the ethanol build up gunk in engines...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 01:34 PM

Garage
Yes, I've used it. For me it did what it advertised. When I still had my 650 classic, my mechanic insisted on it before I found two local non-ethanol gas stations.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Post View Post
Yes, I've used it. For me it did what it advertised. When I still had my 650 classic, my mechanic insisted on it before I found two local non-ethanol gas stations.

Ok will it work on fuel injected bikes. I ride the 1300. I noticed last Fall that my bike wanted to shut down when I tried to throttle up. Just wondering If ethanol gas is the cause or maybe from using a regular fuel stabilizer for the last few years. I use a stabilizer because I store the bike for the winter. I bought Sea Foam and I'll add that in there to clean out the stabilizer.

Last edited by vstarjoe; 02-19-2015 at 01:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 02:07 PM
Elk

On my 1300 I used it for 3 tanks. Dropped my mileage about 5%, but I didn't notice any other change. For me, definitely not a good thing. I would start with some seafoam first.

Last edited by Elk; 02-19-2015 at 02:15 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2015, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elk View Post
On my 1300 I used it for 3 tanks. Dropped my mileage about 5%, but I didn't notice any other change. For me, definitely not a good thing.

How much did you use. The entire bottle or just half? I'm willing to give it try. So you would try Sea foam first?

Did your 1300 feel like shutting down you too?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 03:03 PM
Elk

I definitely didn't use the whole bottle, just followed the instructions. I did not have the symptoms you describe. I just wanted to see if the StarTron would make a noticeable difference.
Seafoam is a pretty good cleaner that I have used for years in cars, atv, and now the bike. Don't overdo it and just follow the directions. It can't hurt and it may help. I use it for winter storage too instead of StaBil. One less bottle of stuff to keep track of in the mess that is my garage...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 07:03 PM

It's maintenance, not performance. Keep this in mind and you won't go chasing after anecdotal changes in your bike.

2013 V Star 1300 Deluxe
OEM Tall Sissy Bar
Memphis Shades Fork Deflectors
Bridgestone Exedra Max Belted Tires
Baron's RSTD 7308 bar
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2015, 08:37 PM

Garage
Yes it'll work on fuel injected bikes. If you can find a non-ethanol station nearby, that'll eliminate quite a few issues especially wanting to shut down. Let us know how it works for you if you try it. I followed the instructions very closely.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2015, 06:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice on this issue. Will keep that in mind.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-04-2015, 08:20 PM

Garage
I have been using this in everything. Not only does it treat the ethanol but it also helps clean. I used this clean carbs on 2 bikes simply by using it the tanks. 1 bike sat for about 3-4 years without being run. Needless to say this bike struggled to do 55mph after cleaning the tank and shut off valve. After about 3 tanks, it was running a lot better and would definitely do more than 55mph without struggling.

2 summers ago while on a ride with a few harley riders, 1 bike was sneezing & coughing. We added some of this to the tank and problem was solved.

I have had great experience with using this. I only add 1/2 ounce to the tank of our 950 when filling up.

Liquid Silver 09 950T VStar w/ Cobra Speedster exhaust; Yamaha Big Bear crash bar; Yamaha passing lights; Kuryakyn throttle lock; Ultimate rider seat, rider backrest, & passenger seat; rear running lights; Wolo Bad Boy air horn; air box mod; K&N filter; oem rear rack; crash bar chaps; Road Ready rear bag; blue LED underglow lights; heated Avon air cushion grips; 3" raised passenger back rest; Cobra Fi2000R O2 fuel programmer; ebay batwing VStar 1300 fairing; rear LED bulbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode