recent fuel smell - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

recent fuel smell

Hey guys! I have an 01 Vstar 650 classic which is my daily driver. The past few nights I have had a fuel smell increase in my garage, visual inspection found no hoses or fittings leaking so tonight I pulled it outside, pulled the air breather housing and fired it up. Found fuel coming out the hose which ends open and is attached to the bracket just behind the breather housing. Question is, is this hose from the carbs or the tank? Is it a vent or an over flow? Planning on pulling the tank tommorow after work to see whats up but would like some insight to what might be the cause. Thank You in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-04-2015, 06:19 PM Thread Starter

Well I pulled the carbs and cleaned the float chambers, floats, float needles and seats. Replaced the fuel filter and put it all back together. Started it up and to no avail it still is blowin fuel through the carb vent hose. Jumped on my wifes Shadow and went for a long ride to clear my #%#!^%^ thoughts this afternoon. Will tear down again and plan on orderin new float needles and seats and hope that will do it
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2015, 04:09 PM Thread Starter

Ran through and tested the floats. blew out the fuel rail, checked the needles and seats and put it back together and wahlaah !! Runnin like the beast that it is. I luv this little machine ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-16-2015, 05:04 PM

I had the same prob. I just replaced the float, which was tilted a little and installed anew needle valve set. Took care of that issue for me
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 10:56 AM

Congrats. So what was final determination? Dirt? Adjustment? New parts?

Sonysnek
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode