Pretty impressive - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Pretty impressive

I was just looking at Ivans performance website. Was surprised that the Slip on muffler and intake made more power than the true duals.

YamaMassGirl and YamaMassGirl like this.

2014 V star 1300 tourer (New Baby)
2014 Bolt- Traded
2006 Road Star 1700- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:42 PM

Garage
That is pretty much very well known that a 2 into1 develops much more torque and power than duels. The reason, you need back pressure. . Now on racing engines that run at very high RPM, then a much more freer exhaust is desired.

I had a slip on on my V star 950. When I put cobra slashdowns on it, it was very noticeable in the loss of torque and power. So I satayed with a 2 into 1 on my 1300
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 07:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron58 View Post
That is pretty much very well known that a 2 into1 develops much more torque and power than duels. The reason, you need back pressure. . Now on racing engines that run at very high RPM, then a much more freer exhaust is desired.

I had a slip on on my V star 950. When I put cobra slashdowns on it, it was very noticeable in the loss of torque and power. So I satayed with a 2 into 1 on my 1300
Was really what I was hoping to find. Sure is cheaper than a full on exhaust.
Keith Post and Keith Post like this.

2014 Bolt- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-15-2016, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Burnett View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron58 View Post

Was really what I was hoping to find. Sure is cheaper than a full on exhaust.
Please be aware that you will not get those numbers at all with just the exhaust. He did that dyno run with his flash. HIGHLY recommend the flash as the first mod. You do not need intake or exhaust to get it.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2016, 10:20 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by raulgarzajr.1311 View Post
Please be aware that you will not get those numbers at all with just the exhaust. He did that dyno run with his flash. HIGHLY recommend the flash as the first mod. You do not need intake or exhaust to get it.
Thanks for the info. I am not really looking into making it a hotrod, by no means. Was just wondering what a slip on could do compared to a full on exhaust.

2014 Bolt- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 07:47 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Burnett View Post
Thanks for the info. I am not really looking into making it a hotrod, by no means. Was just wondering what a slip on could do compared to a full on exhaust.
Keep in mind most full exhaust systems are for looks only, yep. They are the same diameter and flow as the stock exhaust does. The main restriction in these systems is the muffler.

I had a 950 and added a slip on and it was great. Then I decided to put a Cobra full exhaust on, Speedster slashdowns, the one that have the supposed power port cross over to act like a 2 into 1. Well wow, I lost ton of torque and power with those, they sure did look great. But was was very interesting the pipes were exactly the same diameter as my old factory pipes. The heat shields make the pipes look bigger than they really are. Aftermarket full exhausts are really for show. a stock bike with a good slip on on will out perform any full exhaust systems.

The only exception is the Cobra full 2 into 1 system, but that is basically the same as a stock exhaust with slip on.

If you look at all the charts Ivan has, the biggest HP gains are from the air intake.

Every aftermarket exhaust company will make pretty wild claims on how much power you will get, but hey have 0 proof or any dyno data to back it up.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 08:19 AM

Agree that 2 into 1 on metric bikes produce more power, but I do like the looks and sound of the Freedom Performance 4" racing dual exhaust on a bike with hard saddle bags like the Strat Deluxe. I didn't notice any seat of the pants loss of performance either. Never had a dyno run either before or after installing them to verify.

Ivan's flash does more than produce higher torque and horsepower results. It evens out the overall operation of the bike. Less upper rpm back pressure, took away the popping on decel and and between shifts once I added the dual exhaust, runs cooler, and not so much lag when off the throttle at low speed and then back on, and more. I did mine 2 seasons ago and happy ever since.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes

Last edited by tigrzeye; 08-20-2016 at 08:26 AM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigrzeye View Post
Agree that 2 into 1 on metric bikes produce more power, but I do like the looks and sound of the Freedom Performance 4" racing dual exhaust on a bike with hard saddle bags like the Strat Deluxe. I didn't notice any seat of the pants loss of performance either. Never had a dyno run either before or after installing them to verify.

Ivan's flash does more than produce higher torque and horsepower results. It evens out the overall operation of the bike. Less upper rpm back pressure, took away the popping on decel and and between shifts once I added the dual exhaust, runs cooler, and not so much lag when off the throttle at low speed and then back on, and more. I did mine 2 seasons ago and happy ever since.
If I do decide to do and Ivans flash. Will wait till winter, don't want my bike being down when the weather is still nice LOL!

2014 Bolt- Traded
2003 Honda VLX 600
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2016, 10:04 PM

Garage
Well it is same day turnaround on the flash. So you can send it out 2 day, have it sent back 2 day and have it for the weekend.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-21-2016, 06:26 AM

Luckily Ivan's shop is only about 2 hrs from me. On the 2014's he can flash the ECU through the connection port without opening it so I was up there, had it done, and back the same day.

2014 Stratoliner Deluxe

A determined soul will do more with a rusty monkey wrench than a loafer will accomplish with all the tools in a machine shop. - Robert Hughes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode