02 Vstar 1100 electrical - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-06-2016, 06:14 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

02 Vstar 1100 electrical

Hey all newbie here been away from riding for 15 some years but very glad to be back . Picked up a 02 Vstar 1100 Silverado about a month ago and love it. Had noticed once while riding once that the buck was lacking some power and lights dimmed but it was intermittent and did not come back. I was out for a ride yesterday for about 1 1/2 hours all was fine and today was another nice day so was going to go again. When I went to start bike though the dash lights came on and when I went to start it clicked and everything went black no power at all. I hooked up my small smart booster to jump it and away it went until I disconnected the booster and then odometer went out and lights in dash started to go dim and bright and bike was running very rough lights flashing pulsing also. I sort of thought that maybe I was going to have to replace battery in spring after storage but something does not seem correct . Any thoughts ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-07-2016, 05:00 AM

check your battery connections, then fully charge the battery and check the voltage and check it while starting to see how much it drops,have it load tested/
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 11-08-2016, 07:16 PM

Garage
Sounds like when my rectifier went bad the first time. If the battery charges, check charging system as described here.

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1...harging-system

2002 V-Star 1100 Classic
Memphis Shades Batwing Fairing
Dragbar Handlebars
National Cycle Cruiseliner Saddlebags
7" LED Headlight with 4.5" LED Driving Lights
Corbin Seat
Engine Guard with Kuryakyn Pegs
Chubby Intake with TimB's PMS Thumbscrews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode