Yamaha Starbike Forum banner

New Member V Star 1100 Custom

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Isabelle 
#1 ·
What's up everyone, just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Erick and just picked up this bike from a divorced woman who just wanted to get rid of it. She said last time she used it was about 3 years ago. She thinks the carburator is shot and theres some damage on the tank. I got an amazing deal the price was just right. Right now the bike is torn down and im trying to rebuild it. I have a lot of work ahead of me but i look forward to showing you all my progress. please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. oh yeah im in new orleans, louisiana. thanks

See less See more
#3 ·
What's up everyone, just dropping in to introduce myself. My name is Erick and just picked up this bike from a divorced woman who just wanted to get rid of it. She said last time she used it was about 3 years ago. She thinks the carburator is shot and theres some damage on the tank. I got an amazing deal the price was just right. Right now the bike is torn down and im trying to rebuild it. I have a lot of work ahead of me but i look forward to showing you all my progress. please feel free to leave any comments or suggestions. oh yeah im in new orleans, louisiana. thanks
QUOTE]

Hey, Gunny, I ride a 950 myself, so can't put in any advice, but wish you luck and would like to see rebuild pictures!
By the way, I was in the Netherlands Navy for 35+ years, now living on sunny Curacao!

Ride Safe ;)

#4 ·
Update

Hey guys, I know I just started this thread but I got some more pictures for you guys. The first set was taken 31 july. This set was taken today...no major mods or anything just started cleaning it up and polishing the chrome. I'm doing the spark plugs, fluid changes and gas tank tomorrow. Again ill keep you guys updated as much as possible.

#5 ·
Im new to the site myself and picked up a 1100 custom a couple of months ago. Im excited to see your progress with the bike, i think its great that you have it striped down because it give you so much freedom to customize the bike, unless your trying to get it back to that stock look? also if you work with anything in the performance mods i'd love to hear from you! good luck... by the wat was in NOLA 2 years back, great time

#6 ·
99% complete

so here it is guys, I'm sorry for not posting for so long. She still needs some little things here and there. Major to-dos include...clutch lever, front brake, solo seat, exhaust wrap and so on and so forth. enjoy! The last one is a video or her running for the first time in 3 years. Say what you will about asian bikes but this baby started on the second try after sitting in pieces for over two years. needs some fine tunning but shes running. i slid the mufflers on there at the last minute because without them it sounded like a train rolling thru my neighborhood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.