new tires on 2018 star venture - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member

new tires on 2018 star venture

Has anyone use the glass beads in your new tires?
Do they mess up the sensors in the tires?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-30-2019, 10:07 PM

Garage
Had to look this up. Interesting.
https://youtu.be/eq263AYgyYg

For mad scientists who keep brains in jars, here’s a tip: why not add a slice of lemon to each jar, for freshness?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by careyyamaha View Post
Has anyone use the glass beads in your new tires?
Do they mess up the sensors in the tires?
I use Counteract balance beads in my 2018 Star Venture Transcontinental and they work fine and do not effect the TPMS sensors.

I put two ounces in the front tire and two ounces in the rear tire per the Counteract instructions and the tires are nice and smooth running.

Counteract balance beads I think are better than other brands, I have used other brands in the past but the Counteract products just seem better to me.

Just a note you can install the Counteract balance beads through the valve stems on the Star Venture because the TPMS sensor is not part of the valve stem, the sensor is bolted to the rim on the opposite side of the valve stem. If the TPMS sensor is part of the valve stem then you can't install them through the valve stem.

Here is a link to Counteract for information on their product and it has a calculator to figure out how much you need.

https://www.counteractbalancing.com/...r-motorcycles/

Last edited by American; 09-10-2019 at 08:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode