Tire Recommendations Wanted - Page 2 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 08:44 AM

I had issues with dunlop back in the 90's, so I have mostly stayed away. When I switched I went with Metzler, and I loved them.

My 950 came with the bridgeston tires, and I just couldn't handle them. I believe mostly cause they where biasply tires, and I never had those on anything before. I looked around, and opted to get the avon cobra tires. They seemed to be the closest design to the Metzlers I used to run and where radial. I've liked them so far.

I never even considered any mich at the time, didn't even cross my mind they made motorcycle tires.

Good grip and long lasting don't really go together at all. Neither will be cheap upfront.
Just have to figure out, should you go with cheap tires that won't last long, that do what you need. Or get expensive tires that will last awhile. Guess this mainly depends on what the future looks like for you, and how many miles a year you put on them. No point in putting 25k mile tires on a bile that goes 2k a year, as the tires will expire and become hard and have to be replaced anyway. (But at this point likely won't matter too much to you how much you had payed for the tires back in the day)
lesblank and Scrumdown like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Anyone use pirelli tires?

Ride Smart! Ride Often!

No matter what you ride. Just ride!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 06:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrumdown View Post
Anyone use pirelli tires?

Ride Smart! Ride Often!
Only on sport cars years ago. They made some of the best radial tires when radials first became readily available.
Scrumdown likes this.

2001 Vstar 1100 Classic (sold), Cobra Slash Cut full exhaust, Dropped 1 inch with lowering links, ORK, 4.5 inch handlebar risers, Ultimate passenger seat, Passenger pegs moved forward 4 inches, Handlebar clock, KN air filter, Viking saddlebags, Additional rear lighting
Loose nut "me" behind the bars
2006 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Classic

https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode