New tire average installation cost? - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

New tire average installation cost?

Planning to run my 1100 in for a new rear tire. Already got the tire, and a shop that will doing t for no retarded extra fee for not getting the tire from them. Bout $60 for mount and balance on the rear, plus the labor. What can I look at roughly price wise?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 08:35 PM

I was quoted $30 from my Honda dealer if I bring the wheel and tire to them. Had them do my dirt bike tire already

Dirt:
Holly - '93 Honda CR250

Street:
Vanessa - '04 650 Classic
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

The dealers here either refuse if you didn't buy tires there, or charge a retarded fee for the same reason.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 09:28 PM

$10 surcharge if bought elsewhere. $50 to mount and balance if they take it off. $25 if you take it off. My dealer is several miles from st Louis.

2007 Vstar 650 Custom
Engine Guard
Floor Boards
Memphis Windshield
Mustang Vintage One Piece Seat
Saddle Bags
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 10:12 PM

I bought my tires online and I had a guy mount them both front and back for $120 that was he took them off the bike and mounted the tires.

2003 Roadstar 1600 Silverado

Rejetted
Aftermarket Pipes
Pullback Risers
Kuryakn Air Cleaner
K&N Air Filter
custom 4-way flashers
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-17-2013, 11:55 PM

Whoa - those are some hefty prices.

My nearest Yamaha dealer here in St. Louis charges $20 per tire if I bring in the wheel and tire. Only $35 if I bring in the bike.

I took in the tires/wheels for the Strat and walked out for $40 (I vaguely recall I paid them an extra $10 for something they did extra, but I forget what it was).

When the 1100 Classic is ready for the front tire, I'll just take it in for $20 - but I might let them pull the rear wheel and put back the driveshaft for an extra $15 on the rear wheel.

2007 Stratoliner 1900 S {RIP July 21, 2017}

2006 V Star 1100 Classic
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miescha View Post
Whoa - those are some hefty prices.

My nearest Yamaha dealer here in St. Louis charges $20 per tire if I bring in the wheel and tire. Only $35 if I bring in the bike.

I took in the tires/wheels for the Strat and walked out for $40 (I vaguely recall I paid them an extra $10 for something they did extra, but I forget what it was).

When the 1100 Classic is ready for the front tire, I'll just take it in for $20 - but I might let them pull the rear wheel and put back the driveshaft for an extra $15 on the rear wheel.
Those are really good prices.
Average $25 per wheel if you bring the wheel in and $50 with bike. Custom shops will charge more and independent shops less. Dealers usually charge per hr what ever their hourly rate is, about 1/2 hr fronts and little more for the rears.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 09:28 AM

The shop here near my work wanted to charge me 1 hour labor on my Honda 250 for each, front and rear, at $75/hr. I did take the rear wheel in so they only charged me $50, but the full $75 for the front because I took the whole bike in. After seeing the prices you guys are quoting, and knowing they're going to charge me more for my 1100, I'm definitely finding a different shop!

Just got off the phone with the same guys: 130/90-16 Metzeler ME880 for 116.29 and 52.50 for mount and balance with the tire on the bike... Little high on the labor but the price is right on the tire...

Last edited by Kraig; 06-18-2013 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Updated
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 12:10 PM

Bought my front from Dennis Kirk for about $90, Dark Side rear from Discount Tire for $120. Bought a couple of $10 spoons and changed 'em myself(spoke rims) for free. Used Dynabeads for balancing.

Patrick, A.K.A. Goalie-1
"My goal, is to deny yours"
1999 RoadStar
Blue L.E.D. Kit
Barons Big Radius Drags
Custom Paint
V&H Long Shots
A few Homemade addons
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 PM

Change my own tires as well, have been for years. When I rode sport bike I found the dealers were good at marking the rims
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode