Tire mount question - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:10 PM Thread Starter

Tire mount question

I got my front Shinko 230 mounted and installed on the bike. Everything seems ok, and it balanced out nice, but if I spin the tire on the axle, it seems to shift from side to side a bit. I spun it and was able to measure about a millimeter or two of side to side movement where the tread meets the sidewall. Is this normal? Do I need to re-seat the bead? I looked at the bead alignment with flash light and it seems to be lined up all around the tire on both sides. I wanted to check before I installed the brake callipers in case I need to re-install the tire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

An update in case anybody happens to stop by the thread.

I re-mounted the tire, making sure I used plenty of soapy water just in case the bead didn't seat properly, and it did the same thing. So I put it all together and took it for a ride. I did not notice anything like wobble or shake, and I leaned over to watch the tire at different speeds, couldn't see the movement while going down the road. I will ride it for a bit and see what happens..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode