Bridgestone Max - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-02-2014, 10:59 PM Thread Starter

Bridgestone Max

I just got my new front tire mounted, I choose to go with the new Brodgestone Excedra Max for the front. Last fall I replaced the rear with Bridgestone Excedra G722, I have been very happy with the Excedra's. The bike just turned 40,000 kms (25,000 miles) almost at the wear bars, I am the second owner and tires where originals. The rear was changed at 35,000 kms (22,000 miles). The G722 series are going to be discontinued so the new Max is the replacement the Max tread pattern is the same. I don't have the wheel re installed yet so I can't give any reports on it yet, this weekend doesn't look to promising to get out either.

I have used the Bridgstone excedras on many of my bikes with great success, fantastic traction, high mileage. So I'm hoping the new Max will out preform the G722 series.

87' 1100 Sportster (caffeine runner)
05' 1100 Custom Midnight Edition
07' 1300 V Star Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:31 AM

I put front and rear Excedra Max on my bike a couple years ago. I LOVE these tires, best I ever rode on, so reposnsive, bike felt like I was riding on rails when I first put them on before I got used to them, I could lean the bike into turns like I never could before.
I was hoping the rear would go 12,000 miles, but Im not going to make it past 9000 at best.
Front is still fine of course, the 1300 is brutal on the rear tire.

So, I am about to replace the rear and put a Commander II on it. Just wish the Max would have gave me another season on the rear but its down to the wear marks now.
I still might put another Max on but the Commander II is way to tempting because of it long lasting tread ... will make up my mind in the next few weeks.

2014 Road King (current)
08 V Star 1300 Tourer
07 Suzuki C50 Boulevard

"debt is dumb, cash is king" ... http://www.usdebtclock.org/
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:12 AM

Rear tires last me 9000 miles also. Last night I installed the commander II as I have heard they last the longest. I will say that it was one of the toughest tires I have ever mounted!! If you attempt it your self you better have a set of long tire irons and a good stiff set of rim protectors. I will be taking her out for a test ride today. Also have been using tire balance beads instead of the lead weights. This way you can do the complete job in the garage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

That is good to hear about the handling! I'm hoping to get at least the same mileage as the old ones if not better. There are many factors in tire life, how hard you accelerate, weight solo or two up etc. G722 never left me needing more traction in the corners. I'm going to have to change the wear pads on the running boards soon.

07' 1300 V Star Tourer
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 01:28 PM

I too ride the Max on my 950. I run em on the front and I'm trying out a Metz 880 on rear....couple grand on the Metz and so far so good. 25k on my front max and couldn't be happier.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

BLUE BIKE CLUB

09' Vstar "frankenstar" 950
modded air kit w/k&n filter
Custom homemade exhaust
Saddle bags
Highway bars
Handmade side mount license plate
Handmade floorboard extensions
10" apes
Removed turn signals
Blue led accents
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-04-2014, 03:05 PM Thread Starter

Well I finally got a chance to get out and try the new tire. Seems good so far, I have noticed a difference in handling, not sure whether it"s a plus or drawback. The bike feels like it wants to pull into turns more than the old one maybe just my imagination though. Really hard to tell it's very windy here, and some pretty strong gusts.

07' 1300 V Star Tourer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode