White wall tires for vstar 1100 - Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

White wall tires for vstar 1100

I have an 03 vstar 1100 classic that I want to put white wall tires on. The guys at the dealership couldnt find any whitewalls for the bike even though I have seen them on the same bike. Does anyone know what brand makes a white wall that would fit that bike?...thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2009, 12:57 PM

I am going for the same look for my roadstar. I know you can find them online @ cruisercustomizing.com
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylegra.01 View Post
I have an 03 vstar 1100 classic that I want to put white wall tires on. The guys at the dealership couldnt find any whitewalls for the bike even though I have seen them on the same bike. Does anyone know what brand makes a white wall that would fit that bike?...thanks
I got mine through bikebandit.com. they're Metzeler ME 880 replacements $2 more than stock blackwalls. $152 for the rear, $125 for the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2010, 03:44 AM

it sounds that you have got them at cheaper rate as they are bit costly then ur deal...
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 09:16 AM

fortnine has a lot to choose from in white walls good and fast service
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 10:39 AM
KCW

Garage
The first time I bought tires for my VS650 I searched the internet for a couple days (on and off) to find the best prices and free shipping. Got those at BikeBandit

the 2nd time I just went to BikeBandit.

You may have to search on sizes or manufacturer. If you just look at tires they think are 'for' your bike, they may have what you want but the search wont find it. For example, I wanted the original OEM Bridgestone tires. The search for my bike would show the rear tire but not the front, but they do sell the OEM front tire.

In fairness, knowing every tire that will fit every motorcycle ever made is a bit overwhelming.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 10:51 AM

Garage
I just purchased my Shinko WW tires from revzilla last night. Not sure what size yours takes but you can put in your make/model and it will show you what fits etc, and they make a ton of different sizes. I know from running Shinkos on my sportbikes in the past that they are a good value tire, they wont be top tier best tire out there but they definitely arent junk.

I shopped them all over the place before I purchased. Revzilla was def the cheapest.

175 shipped for both.100/90/19 and a 170/80/15.

06 bob-star 650
My build thread

Last edited by Falx; 05-29-2017 at 11:06 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-29-2017, 04:46 PM

Garage
Just ordered a set of tires from FortNine in Montreal. I have whitewalls now but I couldn't justify another $50 per tire. Besides, they're hard to keep clean. Went with blackwalls and I know she'll still look great in them.

Paul
2007 Vulcan Nomad
V&H exhaust

2000 V Star 1100 Classic (Sold)
All stock except for:
Kuryakyn Grips
4" Risers
Switchblade Quick Release Windshield
Ugly but somewhat functional saddlebags
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Star Motorcycle Forums: Star Raider, V-Max, V-Star, Road-Star Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode